Dismiss Notice

Interview Feedback: Visit Interview Feedback to view and submit interview information.

Interviewing Masterclass: Free masterclass on interviewing from SDN and Medical College of Georgia

WL-push for decision before 5/15?

Discussion in 'Pre-Medical - MD' started by am9451, Jan 7, 2009.

1. am9451

7+ Year Member

MDApps:
    Resident [Any Field]

#1 am9451, Jan 7, 2009
    Last edited: Oct 19, 2012
  2. skiqueen

2+ Year Member

MDApps:
    Non-Student
    This is a good question--something I've wondered a lot about as well. My husband is applying to PhD programs and he will have to decide where to go sometime in April. Therefore a waitlist with no hopes of a decision until May or later would cause us problems as well. I would say that once your SO has secured an acceptance, and if it is at a place (or in the same city) where you are waitlisted, you should send the school a letter (or phone call) explaining your situation and pleading your case. This is what I have decided to do, should the situation arise. Hard to know if they would make exceptions or not. Also, are you married, engaged, etc.? I know that shouldn't really matter, but they might take your request a little more seriously if you are... Best of luck! Maybe you'll get of the waitlist quickly and won't have to worry about this.

3. am9451

7+ Year Member

MDApps:
    Resident [Any Field]

#3 am9451, Jan 7, 2009
    Last edited: Oct 19, 2012