Woe is Me Committee Packet

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Compass

Squishy
Moderator Emeritus
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Looking at my past year's application, my committee sent the letters in the last few days of August. I currently have 15 secondaries done awaiting letters. Unfortunately, there is now a no-nagging policy in place, meaning if I ask about my letter sent date, I will delay its sending by 10 days. I have no idea what to do. It'll be at least 3 weeks before my letters are sent at this rate, and I've been done for a week for most of these apps already.

Members don't see this ad.

Looking at my past year's application, my committee sent the letters in the last few days of August. I currently have 15 secondaries done awaiting letters. Unfortunately, there is now a no-nagging policy in place, meaning if I ask about my letter sent date, I will delay its sending by 10 days. I have no idea what to do. It'll be at least 3 weeks before my letters are sent at this rate, and I've been done for a week for most of these apps already.

Wow, your premed committee sucks... I requested mine in June, and it was sent out within three days. Well, if they have that policy in place, they must know they are very slow, maybe they will try to pick up the pace a bit.

Yay for individual letters. After you get in somewhere I would go let them know how upset you were about their delays and stupid policies.

Members don't see this ad :)
My committee is similar. They don't send out packets until late August. The funny thing is, they stress the importance of submitting AMCAS in June. But it doesn't really matter if you submit in June if you're not complete until late August. The whole point of submitting early is so that you can be complete early. Oh well, at least my school has a really good track record of sending people of to med school. A bunch of my friends went through the process last year. They had never heard of SDN so they were none the wiser to the whole early/late thing. They were a lot less stressed out and they're going to some great med schools now.

I go to a school where advisors apparently don't read SDN...

My interview for a letter (July 30) ended with them saying if I wanted someone to read my essay, I could send it and they would get back to me sometime this month...what? Also, they asked if I was retaking MCAT in september,..I said that was too late for the cycle, and they gave me ablank look and said...not really...

I'm gonna have to wait til mid-sept to get my committee letter, so you're not the only one being screwed...take solace in the fact that there are others in your situation ,and its not as if every one of us is going to be rejected because of a september complete date...sdn too neurotic...i keep saying i want to quit the forums til the end of app cycle, but i myself am too neurotic to do that...good luck with your rec letter, ill root for you..

How about showing up to the office of the people responsible for committee packets with a box of Godiva?

I am kidding, but if you really are not allowed to ask or approach them, there's nothing you can really do, is there? End of August is still "middle of the pack" so it's not that bad.

how about you post what school you go to so that way all the high school people on here can avoid going to school in such a hostile pre med environment

how about you post what school you go to so that way all the high school people on here can avoid going to school in such a hostile pre med environment

Right... with them still holding my letter hostage, the perfect thing to do would be to allow them to easily track me down and then send a TERRIBLE letters packet to all my schools.

You won't be late, you are only late according to SDN, soo you should be ok

You won't be late, you are only late according to SDN, soo you should be ok

For the record, I submitted in September week 1 and 2 last year, and received 1 interview with competitive stats, and that one interview I submitted was from an app I submitted in DECEMBER... I honestly don't know why I paid so much money for my letters to take this long to be submitted.