1. Dismiss Notice
  2. Download free Tapatalk for iPhone or Tapatalk for Android for your phone and follow the SDN forums with push notifications.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Visit Interview Feedback to view and submit interview information.

"Women Docs" t.v. show

Discussion in 'Pre-Medical - MD' started by RainaNoelle, Feb 12, 2002.

1. RainaNoelle

RainaNoelle Member
    7+ Year Member

We just got TiVo a few weeks ago (it's pretty darned cool, btw :) ) and it helped me run across a show called "Women Docs" on Lifetime cable channel. I'd never heard of it before, but it's not too bad. If you're interested in seeing women docs do what they do, as well as some patient cases discussed, it's worth checking out.

Here's the webpage for the show:

<a href="http://www.lifetimetv.com/shows/womendocs/womendocs_index.html" target="_blank">http://www.lifetimetv.com/shows/womendocs/womendocs_index.html</a>

Raina

2. Note: SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. nochaser

nochaser Senior Member
    7+ Year Member

I was lucky enough to catch one episode of this program. In two words: LOVED IT!

4. lady in red

lady in red Senior Member
    7+ Year Member

I read a book called "A Woman in the Surgeon's body". Guys, please don't laugh, its a GREAT book. I recommend it to any women-docs, especially those going for surgery. You won't believe some of the stuff they describe there--from competition and no respect from female nurses to harassment during pregnancy. Anyways, lonely, ungreatful life, male chauvinist pigs all over the place, jealous nurses, no husband, past your prime years to find a mate, always tired, can't have a baby--risk being kicked out of the program--YOU NAME IT!!!!!! Its all there.

5. nochaser

nochaser Senior Member
    7+ Year Member

Lady, I've read it too. And you're right, it does cover all the bases. I found the nurse-to-surgeon stories pretty interesting, as well as the "fem" vs. the "butch" personae w/female surgeons (this has nothing to do with lesbianism for those of you that have not read it). Excellent read, even for the guys.

6. DoctorOneDay

DoctorOneDay Member
    7+ Year Member

Who's the author? When was it written?

7. snowballz

snowballz Senior Member
    7+ Year Member

I actually ordered this book off amazon.com a few days ago, but am still waiting on the darn thing!! Argh. I can't wait to read it.

Alicia

8. Coalboy

Coalboy Senior Member
    7+ Year Member

Resident [Any Field]
    My sister is a first-year surgical resident. I don't need to read the book, I can get the scoop directly from her. :)

9. lady in red

lady in red Senior Member
    7+ Year Member

I think it's by Joan Cassel, It was written in 1998. Definitely read it!