Women in OMFS

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

CranioFacial

Supernumerary
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
A friend of mine who is a couple of years behind me is considering OMFS. She was looking for some contacts of females who are applicants, residents, practicing professionals, etc. Does anyone have any information that I could pass along. Thanks.

Members don't see this ad.

A friend of mine who is a couple of years behind me is considering OMFS. She was looking for some contacts of females who are applicants, residents, practicing professionals, etc. Does anyone have any information that I could pass along. Thanks.

Ohio State has two female residents. One is in her third year, I think, and the other is actually an intern this year and matched here to begin residency in July.

Have your friend contact University of Minnesota OMFS program or the Montefiore OMFS program in NY, they both have many women residents in their programs. Better yet, have your friend "extern" at any OMFS program to get a first hand experience on what OMFS is all about.

Members don't see this ad :)
Have your friend contact University of Minnesota OMFS program or the Montefiore OMFS program in NY, they both have many women residents in their programs. Better yet, have your friend "extern" at any OMFS program to get a first hand experience on what OMFS is all about.

You could also PM Yah-E directly...I'm sure she'd have plenty of advice for your friend...

You could also PM Yah-E directly...I'm sure she'd have plenty of advice for your friend...

Don't be jeaulous that I usually get more attention than you...

Don't hate the playa, hate the game...

thanks for the replies. i will pass the info along.

I definitely wouldn't mind having that nice set of b*tch-t*ts...when you've got it, you've got it...I can't compete with that...

thanks for the refer to last years' posts. they were helpful.

That's because you are usually attracting undue attention to yourself by:

1) Yanking out the wrong teeth
2) After partying "wit the ladiez" you engage in driving home while under the influence and have a run in with the law
3) Having mediocre scores, at best, yet still manage to kiss enough a$$ and suck enough schlong to get into a residency, despite these inadequacies.

Fear not, when your USMLE time comes around, I feel confident that your "under 3.0" days will come shining through again.

Take your personal grudge elsewhere...

Ouch........ although I like your twist on ludwig's thing....... :thumbup:

Members don't see this ad :)

2) After partying "wit the ladiez" you engage in driving home while under the influence and have a run in with the law
3) Having mediocre scores, at best, yet still manage to kiss enough a$$ and suck enough schlong to get into a residency, despite these inadequacies.

Fear not, when your USMLE time comes around, I feel confident that your "under 3.0" days will come shining through again.

Although your post is pretty personal and mean, you have the best screen name EVER!

true... I do have this innate desire to see a picture. I might need to take a little prophylactic phenergan though.

Bro.....magnificent screen name!:thumbup:

Do any of you know of any women oms around the Pittsburgh area? My male surgeon is awesome to talk to, but I would like to get some perspective from a female on the career! I have only met one female oms that I can recall, and she was a short-term fellow from Austraila or England and I was like 13....

P.S. If you've read my other two(yeah, it's not alot but i've been reading these threads for four years), please dont tell me im jumping the gun or anything similar to that...

Damn Yah-e. This bastard just called you out. What an ass-hole.

Too bad this bastard did waste the best screen name ever. Maybe they should have spent half the time it probably took to come up with this name and thought seriously before airing other peoples dirty laundry.
I believe Tyrone Bigguns said it best "He is without sin cast the first rock and I shall smoketh it"... Basically take your beef elsewhere, man.

Do any of you know of any women oms around the Pittsburgh area? My male surgeon is awesome to talk to, but I would like to get some perspective from a female on the career! I have only met one female oms that I can recall, and she was a short-term fellow from Austraila or England and I was like 13....

P.S. If you've read my other two(yeah, it's not alot but i've been reading these threads for four years), please dont tell me im jumping the gun or anything similar to that...

Couple of places with female residents come to mind....
- UCSF
- Columbia
- UCLA
- Emory
- Baylor
- LSU-NO: I hear they are all girls. :smuggrin:

Don't log in for couple of days and look all the love I get! Damn! If you're reading this (self proclaimed "vagina"), you've gotta come up with some new stuff man. Your three points had been over played like a broken record. :smuggrin:

- UCSF
- Columbia
- UCLA
- Emory
- Baylor

You forgot to mention that there's an Asian tranny at Parkland graduated from Columbia Dental and she's a 2nd year resident!:laugh:

- UCSF
- Columbia
- UCLA
- Emory
- Baylor

Not all of them, homeskillet :smuggrin:

vcu has two residents

one that is a chief this year, and the other is a junior..

Too bad this bastard did waste the best screen name ever. Maybe they should have spent half the time it probably took to come up with this name and thought seriously before airing other peoples dirty laundry.
I believe Tyrone Bigguns said it best "He is without sin cast the first rock and I shall smoketh it"... Basically take your beef elsewhere, man.

Jeez guys....long time listener first time caller here. I was just busting the dude's chops. I didn't mean anything harmful by it. I think he's a funny guy and was just pulling his chain a little. I thought the OS residents were the kings of all A$$Holes. Guess you can dish it but can't take it. Now I had to ruin a perfectly good screen name and come with a pseudo-good screen name because oddly enough, the other one has been banned.

Jeez guys....long time listener first time caller here. I was just busting the dude's chops. I didn't mean anything harmful by it. I think he's a funny guy and was just pulling his chain a little. I thought the OS residents were the kings of all A$$Holes. Guess you can dish it but can't take it. Now I had to ruin a perfectly good screen name and come with a pseudo-good screen name because oddly enough, the other one has been banned.

Still a good one:laugh:

:laugh: kickass screen name.

Why is it a good screenname? Just curious.