Women Interview Attire Question

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

LittleMer

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Would something like the picture below be appropriate for an interview? I like that it is not the typical boring skirt suit with a button up shirt, but I still think it is conservative and professional. I have a navy blue skirt suit (jacket w/collar etc...the basic kind), but I am trying to decide if I can wear this instead?

upload_2016-10-14_23-14-38.png

Thanks for any advice!

Members don't see this ad.

Do we have to wear socks and pantyhose during interview..

Last edited:
Members don't see this ad :)
Wonder if I should do a French tip manicure or something nude pink like the one in this pic?

Attachments

• IMG_0076.PNG
    IMG_0076.PNG
    368.9 KB · Views: 55
Do we have to wear socks and pantyhose during interview..
I didnt for both. If it's cold, I would say yes. If not, I think it's fine not wearing it. Just dress professional. Not too tacky is ok

Did anyone interview already?
I have my first coming up and am not exactly sure which is better to wear....pants or skirt and heels or flats?

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

Reactions: 1 user
I have my first coming up and am not exactly sure which is better to wear....pants or skirt and heels or flats?

Personally, I went with pants and sensible pumps that I tested out beforehand. I saw women in both pants and skirts (separate women in either pants OR a skirt...not a single woman in both pants AND skirts, lets not bring that trend back) and both heels and flats. They all looked very professional. Just keep in mind these interviews are typically all-day events, and you will be doing a lot of walking. If you do decide on a skirt, be sure it is an appropriate length. If you decide on heels, PLEASE do yourself a favor and don't wear 4" stilettos...they're super cute, but it was painful just watching one poor interviewer hobbling around by the end of the day.

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

Another thing to consider is the weather. When I interviewed for East Coast schools, I was wearing a skirt and it was pretty cold. Be sure to ask the admissions committee if there is a tour that goes outside. Columbia's interview was so cold.