Women pharmacists and dating

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I mean...there are dudes that refuse to marry you because you make too much money?

They don't get close enough to find out. They get intimidated. Spiriva is not alone in this regard. I know two colleagues that are both young (under 30) both very beautiful women and neither one can get a guy. Guys are viscerally intimidated by women who earn more than them and they are really intimidated if they know more about sports.....

They don't get close enough to find out. They get intimidated. Spiriva is not alone in this regard. I know two colleagues that are both young (under 30) both very beautiful women and neither one can get a guy. Guys are viscerally intimidated by women who earn more than them and they are really intimidated if they know more about sports.....

A rich chick that likes football is pretty much the pinnacle of awesome.

I guess some dudes are just stupid.

Members don't see this ad :)
Read the book about "Why men love bitches" to answer Spiriva question lol

Women too nice = say yes all the time, boring... they need to say no sometimes, be challenging/interesting, and stand up for themselves.. it's human nature. A kid got a free $500 toy, 2 days later he trashes it, but he treasures the $50 toy he worked hard for...

Marriage is a failed institution... I don't know why people are still getting married.. there is nothing appealing about marriage. It kills the attraction and the anonymity... it kills the "effort" component to keep the relationship on going... stick with the same person forever and ever... REALLY...? or maybe love? Ask that to someone who has been married 20 yrs >_>

I can stand 3-5 years monogamy relationship but 50+ years is a long long time.

Women, you want to do our laundry, cook and raise children for at least 25 years then by all means get married and be miserable...

Hell, I don't need to pay the state $45 to declare I am married and end up getting a divorce that cost me $350 fee, alimony, and legal defenses like ~50% of US marriage...

Marriage is a failed institution... I don't know why people are still getting married.. there is nothing appealing about marriage. It kills the attraction and the anonymity... it kills the "effort" component to keep the relationship on going... stick with the same person forever and ever... REALLY...? or maybe love? Ask that to someone who has been married 20 yrs >_>

Women, you want to do our laundry, cook and raise children for at least 25 years then by all means get married and be miserable...

Hell, I don't need to pay the state $45 to declare I am married and end up getting a divorce that cost me $350 fee, alimony, and legal defenses like ~50% of US marriage...

You are completely without a clue. I have been married for 27 years. And marriage is hard work. But like the toy analogy you gave if you work hard at something you really appreciate it. While the sparks of a new relationship is like the really expensive toy you get for nothing. Marriage is a commitment. That's why you take the trouble to make it a legal and public commitment. It's a partnership.

If you think a women needs a career to be fulfilled you are nuts. Women and men are not the same and only a fool thinks the only difference is the plumbing. That doesn't mean they shouldn't work outside the home. It doesn't mean they should stay home and raise the kids (which is much harder than a career by the way).

The poet wrote that Birth is a beginning and death is a destination, but life is journey. It's a long and lonely road without a partner to share the trip. I have other issues with your general philosophy, but I don't have time to address them now.

Marriage is an institution that exists primarily for the reason of establishing social order and stability. It's really a contract to make things legally applicable.

Yes, I agree with you that biologically monogamy is not instinctual, and that's why there is so much cheating going on. BUT, what if you do not have an established rules and norm that defines legal rights and responsibility of husband and wife?

Men would be fighting and killing each other to hoard as many girls for himself. Or a bang bam thank you mam free for all. Nobody will know which kid is whose... not good for social stability.

So even if marriage fails 50% of the time, and god knows how much cheating is going on, but at least it's not 100% chaos.

Marriage is an institution that exists primarily for the reason of establishing social order and stability. It's really a contract to make things legally applicable.

Yes, I agree with you that biologically monogamy is not instinctual, and that's why there is so much cheating going on. BUT, what if you do not have an established rules and norm that defines legal rights and responsibility of husband and wife?

Men would be fighting and killing each other to hoard as many girls for himself. Or a bang bam thank you mam free for all. Nobody will know which kid is whose... not good for social stability.

So even if marriage fails 50% of the time, and god knows how much cheating is going on, but at least it's not 100% chaos.

This happens all the time.

In addition to all the wonderful virtues Old Timer extolled, who the hell can pass up the tax breaks?? I mean seriously....
I was talking to a woman i work with. All the breaks she had for being married and children, I was swearing under my breath. All i had for a break was my Education credit.

Members don't see this ad :)
Mmmm...I've come to realize men today, or the one's I meet, like women who yank their chain and play hard to get. It's a chase. They like women who are *itches and treat them like crap.

And I don't know how to play by those rules...
Not every man you've met is like that ;-)

Women too nice = say yes all the time, boring... they need to say no sometimes, be challenging/interesting, and stand up for themselves.. it's human nature. A kid got a free $500 toy, 2 days later he trashes it, but he treasures the $50 toy he worked hard for...

You must have never met anybody special in your life...

You are completely without a clue. I have been married for 27 years. And marriage is hard work. But like the toy analogy you gave if you work hard at something you really appreciate it. While the sparks of a new relationship is like the really expensive toy you get for nothing. Marriage is a commitment. That's why you take the trouble to make it a legal and public commitment. It's a partnership.

If you think a women needs a career to be fulfilled you are nuts. Women and men are not the same and only a fool thinks the only difference is the plumbing. That doesn't mean they shouldn't work outside the home. It doesn't mean they should stay home and raise the kids (which is much harder than a career by the way).

The poet wrote that Birth is a beginning and death is a destination, but life is journey. It's a long and lonely road without a partner to share the trip. I have other issues with your general philosophy, but I don't have time to address them now.

Completely agree.

I love that book and I think all women should read it. It explains it all perfectly and is very true. Spiriva should def read it!

However, I disagree with your statement about marriage. I think marriage is a wonderful thing if you can find the right person. Most marriages fail because people do not want to put any work into it. I think of a relationship the same way as a bank account. You have to make deposits and withdraws, just like a relationship you have to put effort into it, you can't always just keep on taking out without putting back.

That's great advice...then she'd wind up with the type of douchebag the book rambles on about...

haha...the book gave a few very good advice that I am sure even you would agree with!

1) don't let men know your intentions/wishes in the beginning. Many women make the mistake of letting guys know that they desire a relationship or marriage in the very beginning. That totally takes the mystery out of the entire thing. Nothing is more of a turn off then knowing a women is desperate for a relationship. Don't let the guy know what you want. If a guy knows you want a relationship, that in itself is a turn off. If he knows you want a relationship with him and need him desperately then that is downright scary. Never let a men have that kind of power over you. A guy should always feel that a woman is very happy being single and is not going out of her way to desperately looking for a man. She will be happy if she finds the right guy, but she will never go out of her way to look for one, much less take anyone she can find.

2) women make the mistake of always BEING AVAILABLE. When he calls you are always there. When he needs you to do something you will always do it. When he needs you to come over. You come over. If a guy calls at the last min and needs you to come over, you still come over. The book mentions that you should never ever ever be 100% reachable and available. Be available 50% of the time...the other 50% of the time let the guy wonder where you are at. Keep yourself desireable. You NEVER want the guy to feel that he can easily access you anytime he wishes. You NEVER want a guy to think that he has 100% hold on you. Which is great advice.

3) Women make the mistake of nagging men too much. For example, if a guy isn't giving enough attention, the woman will nag him. If the guy makes a mess in the bathroom the woman will nag him. etc. Nag Nag Nag. The books says to stop all nagging. If you want a guy to give more attention then just withdraw yourself more. A guy would notice that and naturally give you more attention. If you nag about it it will push him away even more. If you don't like the mess your guy is making in the bathroom then just simply suggest seperate bathrooms. The book mentions its always best to try to solve your problems without nagging your guy. Nagging goes in one ear and out the other with men.

4) never share your sexual history. That is obvious.

5) Men love mystery. Don't be readable.

6) Never let the guy feel that you can't live without him. Never let the guy feel that he has 100% hold on you. Once a guy feels those two things, he will stop chasing and pursuing bc he knows HE HAS YOU FOR GOOD. So he will stop trying to put any effort at all into the relationship. The relationship is doom then. :(

7) make the guy feel appreciated by always thanking him after he has done something nice. Men like to feel appreciated. Always. If he tried his best and still isn't perfect don't ever nag him or make him feel that he didn't do a good job. Men need their egos.

There are more to the book then just these things. But these are the main ideas of the book. WVU, don't you agree with these points?

I think the book does a very good job at telling a woman how to keep a man.

haha...the book gave a few very good advice that I am sure even you would agree with!

1) don't let men know your intentions/wishes in the beginning. Spring it on us when we are already trapped.

2) women make the mistake of always BEING AVAILABLE. Exactly never be available so we move on.

3) Women make the mistake of nagging men too much. Only I get to nag.

4) never share your sexual history. That is obvious. Agreed as long as im not at risk of catching something

5) Men love mystery. Don't be readable. Just call me Scooby

6) Never let the guy feel that you can't live without him. Yup i don't want a metaphorical embilical coord.

7) make the guy feel appreciated by always thanking him after he has done something nice. No more then twice a day otherwise i feel like your teasing me.

1000th post do i get some sort of award;).

1) don't let men know your intentions/wishes in the beginning. Many women make the mistake of letting guys know that they desire a relationship or marriage in the very beginning. That totally takes the mystery out of the entire thing. Nothing is more of a turn off then knowing a women is desperate for a relationship. Don't let the guy know what you want. If a guy knows you want a relationship, that in itself is a turn off. If he knows you want a relationship with him and need him desperately then that is downright scary. Never let a men have that kind of power over you. A guy should always feel that a woman is very happy being single and is not going out of her way to desperately looking for a man. She will be happy if she finds the right guy, but she will never go out of her way to look for one, much less take anyone she can find.

2) women make the mistake of always BEING AVAILABLE. When he calls you are always there. When he needs you to do something you will always do it. When he needs you to come over. You come over. If a guy calls at the last min and needs you to come over, you still come over. The book mentions that you should never ever ever be 100% reachable and available. Be available 50% of the time...the other 50% of the time let the guy wonder where you are at. Keep yourself desireable. You NEVER want the guy to feel that he can easily access you anytime he wishes. You NEVER want a guy to think that he has 100% hold on you. Which is great advice.

3) Women make the mistake of nagging men too much. For example, if a guy isn't giving enough attention, the woman will nag him. If the guy makes a mess in the bathroom the woman will nag him. etc. Nag Nag Nag. The books says to stop all nagging. If you want a guy to give more attention then just withdraw yourself more. A guy would notice that and naturally give you more attention. If you nag about it it will push him away even more. If you don't like the mess your guy is making in the bathroom then just simply suggest seperate bathrooms. The book mentions its always best to try to solve your problems without nagging your guy. Nagging goes in one ear and out the other with men.

4) never share your sexual history. That is obvious.

5) Men love mystery. Don't be readable.

6) Never let the guy feel that you can't live without him. Never let the guy feel that he has 100% hold on you. Once a guy feels those two things, he will stop chasing and pursuing bc he knows HE HAS YOU FOR GOOD. So he will stop trying to put any effort at all into the relationship. The relationship is doom then. :(

7) make the guy feel appreciated by always thanking him after he has done something nice. Men like to feel appreciated. Always. If he tried his best and still isn't perfect don't ever nag him or make him feel that he didn't do a good job. Men need their egos.

There are more to the book then just these things. But these are the main ideas of the book. WVU, don't you agree with these points?

I think the book does a very good job at telling a woman how to keep a man.

Well...then I'm doomed. This is exactly what I mean when I say I don't play games. I don't get this....it's just completely absurd.

1) So I'm supposed to pretend I don't want a relationship, don't want to get married, and don't want kids. Then one day say...SURPRISE!!! I'm a closeted freak with motherly instincts??

2) Ok...so I'm free Friday night. A guy I'm attracted to on several levels asks me out. I should say no and sit at home. Again; this is absurd to me.

3) This is one thing I don't do...I'm not a nagger.

4) So you're supposed to lie if he asks? Now, I'm not going to randomly come up and say, "by the way...this is who you have to live up to." But I'm not going to lie if he asks.

5) Yeah...I'm very readable. I can't fake anything...oh well!

6) Well, that's what marriage is supposed to be for me...I'll just hold out for a guy who feels the same way.

8) This, I'm good at.

Wait wait wait a second. I just googled said book. It is written by a woman. Why does a woman write about what Men like?

What if you're a smarter, richer, nicer, funnier, AND prettier woman - and you still can't get dates? :mad:

Still can't get dates or keep a man faithful... I dunno. Ask Sandra Bullock how that worked out...:rolleyes:

To Spiriva: forget about that book. You already went through professional school, you should know how misleading books actually are. If you want to go single, I will probably advance a lot further in your life by having a lot of free time and a bunch of Phd. If you want to get marriage, then lower your standard. Don't look for Mr. Perfect, he won't come.

Well...then I'm doomed. This is exactly what I mean when I say I don't play games. I don't get this....it's just completely absurd.

1) So I'm supposed to pretend I don't want a relationship, don't want to get married, and don't want kids. Then one day say...SURPRISE!!! I'm a closeted freak with motherly instincts??

2) Ok...so I'm free Friday night. A guy I'm attracted to on several levels asks me out. I should say no and sit at home. Again; this is absurd to me.

3) This is one thing I don't do...I'm not a nagger.

4) So you're supposed to lie if he asks? Now, I'm not going to randomly come up and say, "by the way...this is who you have to live up to." But I'm not going to lie if he asks.

5) Yeah...I'm very readable. I can't fake anything...oh well!

6) Well, that's what marriage is supposed to be for me...I'll just hold out for a guy who feels the same way.

8) This, I'm good at.

1) The book says you are NOT suppose to tell men that you want a relationship or marriage or children etc. at the begining. In the begining you are suppose to just act cool and friendly and laidback. Men usually drop their guards when they are with women that are very laidback and not on a maternal clock. A man needs to have low guards in order to fall in love. Once you get a man in LOVE with you, then he will talk about a relationship and so on. The book says a smart woman will never ask for a relationship or marriage. The woman will get the man in love first and let HIM ask for it. That is what the book says.

2) You can go out with him on Friday night but if he calls again don't go out. The books says to be available SOME of the time. SO if he calls and asks you out 4 times, go out with him 2 times. Sometimes, don't pick up the phone. Call him back the next day. The books says you don't want your man to feel that you have nothing better to do then to wait around for him.

3) good naggers are bad!

4) If a guy asks you how many man you have slept with the best response would be "most likely less than you have with women." Give him a answer that doesn't actually answer his question and then change the topic.

5) I can be readable too...but the book says men love mystery and get bored once the woman gets readable. :( There is a saying men love mystery like women love romance.

6) The book pretty much says its best to keep your man on his toes and not let him know for sure that he has you 100%. Once he has you 100% he stops trying to impress you or work to improve the relationship.

7) Very good! The book says the reason why guys don't do more work around the house is because they don't feel apreciated.

2) You can go out with him on Friday night but if he calls again don't go out. The books says to be available SOME of the time. SO if he calls and asks you out 4 times, go out with him 2 times. Sometimes, don't pick up the phone. Call him back the next day. The books says you don't want your man to feel that you have nothing better to do then to wait around for him.
This is stupid. I hate, let me say that again HATE, girls who play these games.

7) Very good! The book says the reason why guys don't do more work around the house is because they don't feel apreciated.
I don't like house work.

This is stupid. I hate, let me say that again HATE, girls who play these games.

Do you prefer women that ALWAYS pick up their phones? Do you prefer women that is ALWAYS available to go on dates?

The books strongly suggest women to be available SOME of the time and NEVER pick up the phone 100% of the time. The author believes the guy will get bored very easily if she does that. If a guy asked you out 8 times in one month don't go out with him more than 4 or 5 times. Never go on ALL the dates.

I don't know though.

C'mon, there is no set formula to dating.

Just date different ones until you find one that fits. It make take 1 try or 20. Try out all the different flavors, that's what's being 20 something is good for. :D

3) good naggers are bad!

awww, my fave past-time! I'm innocent though..sometimes a boy can turn a perfectly nagless woman into a human nag glock...fully-loaded, ready to shoot....

I guess somewhere I made up for it since he married me, but if my status changes..suppose I'll have to get some plastic surgery or make some other offering as now its in my blood. hee hee!

Reactions: 1 user
Do you prefer women that ALWAYS pick up their phones? Do you prefer women that is ALWAYS available to go on dates?

The books strongly suggest women to be available SOME of the time and NEVER pick up the phone 100% of the time. The author believes the guy will get bored very easily if she does that. If a guy asked you out 8 times in one month don't go out with him more than 4 or 5 times. Never go on ALL the dates.

I don't know though.
I don't expect a woman to pick up all my calls. There are plenty of reasons why a person cannot answer a call. However, it is childish to ignore calls on purpose to try to entice a guy. Would I like to date a girl who would do that? No. If she plays those types of games when you first start dating, what kind of games will she play if you marry her?

I don't know though.

If she's unavailable, doesn't that encourage the guy to sort of leave her and find someone else?

If you take relationship advice from a book, you are a freaking idiot.
Now if Mike wrote the book women should take notice. What makes more sense.
A) Women telling women what SHE THINKS men like.
B)Man telling women what HE KNOWS men like.

Especially if that book is titles "Men are from Mars and Women are from Venus" and the author of that book got his Ph.D. from a diploma mill that was shut down due to fraud.

If you must put yourself through the misery of reading a book to help you with dating, read "a--holeology".

Just join e-harmony. They match you and 1 million points of compatibility or something.;)

I was in a relationship with a guy that definitely felt threatened by not being "needed". Obviously, that didn't work out. My DH is extremely progressive and even he admitted it was hard knowing I was making much more than him and he felt he wasn't contributing equally. It is a hard thing for guys to deal with, even for guys who don't drag their knuckles while walking.

I met my DH online :love: God, I don't know how I would have dated after my divorce without the interwebs. Meeting people at work? Yuck. Set up by friends? Awkward if it doesn't work. At church? That would mean finding someone on Christmas or Easter. :laugh:

Right on!
8 yrs ago living in an apartment, I guess I would have had to use the neighbors bathroom just so I can avoid nagging a man? Well he can just kiss my *ss because I will inform him of exactly what i want to go on in MY bathroom.
The whole not being yourself thing at first is just false advertising. To give this impression that you are extremely busy, submissive & do not complain/correct just makes a man believe he does not have to work at pleasing you. Then out of nowhere, the demands come out and you have all this free time & he won't mind? *uck that. Unless this author has successfully recv'd marriage proposals from more than 50% of the male population or has married several hundred times, she has no credibility. If her tactic gained her ONE marriage & ONE husband, she also has no credibility.
I do have to admit that I think there is a small population of men that her book does apply to. I have come across the type that does the whole being bored thing if you express you like him and only comes around if I dont bother him. In my case, I think that creature just has ego issues. He'll work it out someday, maybe not :rolleyes:.
Anyway, I think those dudes are rare & most women can just be themselves and not worry too much about dealing w/them.

Last edited:
I think the advice from that book is less about FAKING those things, and more about women who do those things naturally being more attractive to men, which is 100% true. Theres books just like that for men too, telling you to be elusive, unpredictable, and confident. Maybe you can learn a few moves and some canned lines that can trick a girl/guy into thinking you are that person for a few dates, but you can't keep it up into a relationship. However, if you are naturally that kind of person, I think you will have an easier time holding your significant other's attention.

My guy friends always used to come to me for advice about dating/relationships. One thing I always told them was "All women are crazy. You just have to find the crazy that you like or who makes you forget about those things." Relationships are work, and not being honest adds a whole lot more work that can just doom the whole thing. Although it can be hard, find someone who actually likes spending time with you. Forget all the games about playing hard to get etc, they can end up pushing someone away just as much as they can attract someone. Putting up a fake personality can make you hold in things that make you crazy or push the person away because you aren't the person they thought they knew.

As for the money/success thing, I've heard guys say it can be intimidating or make them feel like they aren't doing their fair share. I'm sure this doesn't apply to every guy out there, but it makes sense to me. But I am a woman, so making sense to me could mean nothing.

I actually like doing laundry and cooking for my fiancee even though I usually don't care to do them for myself (especially laundry). There's something I like about doing something nice for him or making his day easier. It'd be great if he'd do my laundry in exchange though! :laugh: Really, we do things for each other and I think we're both happy the way our relationship works. It might not work for everyone, but I like it!

I think the tax breaks might make up for that money especially if you're together anyway. And (I assume) most people don't plan on getting divorced when they get married.

Laws can only deter some. Basic instincts are hard to suppress, that's why monogamy is so hard to enforce.
You're kidding right. A man is animal and animals eat what they want, when they want and how they want. They f**k when they want, what they want and wen they want. A Man is also a human being. So what are you going to be? A man or a Man. Sure you get a hard-on when you see an attractive woman. So what. A Man can control himself. The idea that you are biologically induced to chase skirts is ludicrous.

I addressed in brief earlier and I will as they revise and extend my remarks. People's view of marriage has changed greatly over the years as society has changed. Women got married for protection and security and men got married for regular sex, regular food and regular laundry. After all in 1842 in Minsk there were no 24 hour diners or dry cleaners. I suppose you could get laid, but that was not as straight forward as it is today. Today, women can support themselves and society can (mostly) protect them from physical harm. They can put roof over their heads, food on the table and money in the bank. Men can get just about any food delivered to their door, there are one hour cleaners and since the sexual revolution women have convinced them selves they can have as much mindless sex as men.

So the rules are different, but since people really aren't they are having trouble navigating the complexity of a married relationship. Combine that with ever increasing level of narcissism, it easy to see why marriages fail and why it's harder for people to get married in the first place.

Why should you get married, well the reasons are legion and none of them are financial. There is nothing you do in this life that will cause you to grow as person more than marriage. It is the ultimate growth experience.

You are designed to be married. The biblical authors noted long ago (note I didn't say God, so don't turn this into theist/atheist thing) that it is not good for man to be alone. They did not mean males they meant human beings. Going through life with a partner makes the highs sweeter and the lows more bearable. It's easier to see the pot holes in the road of life if you have a co-pilot.

There is nothing comparable to laying the arms of someone you love who also loves you. I'm not talking about the white hot sparks in the beginning of a relationship. That's fun and I don't discount it, but it doesn't last forever. It's the relationship that has the slow long simmer that will carry you through the tough times.

As I pointed out earlier, life is journey. All journeys will have challenges. The essence of life is facing challenges. Life cannot be adduced to pleasure only. The experience of facing the challenges of life together is too valuable to quantify.

This is America and you are free to disagree and live life as carefree single person. You'll let me know how it turns out...