• Advice You're Thankful for Contest

Now that it's getting close to Thanksgiving, we're running a contest to hear advice you've received that you're most thankful for! This can be any type of advice and the advice with the most reactions will win!

JOIN CONTEST

women's health track

tawanda

10+ Year Member
Jul 18, 2007
Ohio
  1. Medical Student
    What are your thoughts on IM programs with a women's health track? What advantages does it provide? Is it really that different from a regular categorical IM program where you could choose to do women's health electives?

I looked at a few programs' websites including Pittsburgh, VCU and Jacobi that offer this track, and it sounds intriguing to me. I am also interested in OB/GYN but am not sure if it is quite for me. I have always enjoyed performing pap tests, colposcopy and other minor procedures and was somewhat disappointed that many internists I have worked with avoid these things like the plague! :)

I'd especially love to hear from anyone out there that is in a women's health track currently. Thanks!

indiamacbean

10+ Year Member
    15+ Year Member
    Mar 16, 2003
      I went to pittsburgh for medical school and am now an IM intern at UCSF and not really into womens health as a specialty being a guy and all. As to the womens health program at Pitt, I found that these were often the best residents in the internal medicine program and beyond that they often seemed the happiest/most satisfied with their experience. I think part of it was the camraderie and part of it was the focused common experience. They definetly focused on routine gyn stuff as part of their training and practice.

About the Ads
      This thread is more than 14 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
      2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
      3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
      4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
      5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
      6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
      7. This thread is locked.