Womens interview clothing for optometry schools

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Yes, I saw the threads for this in other forms and read them but I want specifics on optometry school interviews.

Most women, it seems, are wearing suits. But, if I get to interview in California soon will I be sweating in a suit? i dont really know what the weather is like. I know its about in the 60s but if sunny, I forsee myself melting during a campus tour. I'll be so nervous!!!

Thoughts? Suggestions about what you saw at other schools? Comments on what you wore & where?

Members don't see this ad.

Just go in a bakini :D ........................J/K.............................unless you really want to:thumbup:

Hahahah, yeah a bikini would give a nice first impresion, I think. :D lol
I played it safe and wore a suit...and it was at Nova when the weather was in the high 70's. The campus tour, however, ended up being basically all indoors, so I was actually very comfortable in it all day. Most other girls on the tour were wearing a suit, and I felt I was dressed appropriately. A couple just wore dress pants and a nice shirt.

Members don't see this ad :)
STL in the summer is generally much hotter than California. SO Cal has dry heat, which makes a huge difference (you won't sweat). Winter is more mild than hot here...and if you live near the beach, the summer isn't even that hot.

I live in So Cal (25 miles from SCCO) and i don't think you should worry about it being to hot here. Its been raining all week and its supposed to keep raining for a while....=(

And from my interview experiences so far, most girls wear a suit. better play it safe!

if you're heading to berkeley, I wouldn't worry about it. it's been raining in the bay area and even if it's sunny it's never that hot. I've been safe and wore suits to all my interviews but I get the impression dress pants and a nice shirt or sweater will do.

thanks everyone. I forget how freakishly different weather in STL is here. Humidity is no joke. For those of you who will be interviewing here at UMSL soon, it is ungodly cold here. Like long underwear on the DL cold. ;)

A suit is always a good choice. But I think that too many people wear the typical black suit. The applicants end up looking like a million women in mourning. I would suggest trying to stand out and go with a different color suit or spice it up with a bright colored shirt underneath or bright accessories (earrings, necklace, etc.). Also, skirt suits are always another nice option. I wore a skirt suit to all three of my interviews and was very comfortable and stood out. I got accepted to all of the schools, so I must have given a decent impression. Good luck!