Wondering about Tulane...

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
G

Georgey

I was waitlisted what seems like years ago at Tulane. It seems like there waitlist movement has officially ended, althought the letter I received from them states that they accept people all the way up until classes start in August. I was wondering if anyone knows whether or not it is a realistic to assume that they continue to accept students this late in the game. Basically, I'd like to know if I should just give up and sign a lease on an apartment while planning to start at my state medical school in late July. Any info would be greatly appreciated.

Members don't see this ad.

I just withdrew so a spot may open up soon.

I'm not sure what the situation is this year, but four years ago, my brother got an acceptance call and a subsequent letter from Dr. Pisano on July 13th, and I don't think that was very unusual.

If you desperately want to get in, I would make sure Pisano knows who you are. From what I've heard, Pisano gives a speech at the beginning of the year to all incoming T1s about the great lengths people go to in order to get him to accept them, such as constant emails, sending him postcards from summer trips, etc. These people usually get in.

Good Luck, I'll be at Tulane in the fall.

Members don't see this ad :)
Thanks for the info, Buldvl. I've been accepted to med school in Texas but I'd really like to go to Tulane. I've already sent a letter to the "Admissions Committee," but it sounds as though I should send one to Dr. Pisano as well. I thought he was the assistant dean of admissions though. Should I send one to the dean of admissions as well? Thanks again.

Every year but this year, Pisano has essentially been the admissions committee. This year, his wife was sick, and he's been less active, though I'm pretty sure he plays a major role. Dr. Kahn was running it in Pisano's absence when he was off with his wife, or at least that was the case last fall when I was interviewing. Pisano's still the man I'd make sure to contact, though.