Wondering if this is a Good Decision?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

LOADWOAD

pa pa pa pa pa power
10+ Year Member
Reaction score
What are my chance? Also Does Anyone Know of any Clever Ways to eliminate debt fast after school? I am planning on being a Non-traditional student. I am currently 27 and working on my final pre reqs before i can apply for Pt School. If things go according to plan i will be leaving my very stable, and Good paying job in Technology to pursue a new Career in PT. I am unsure of my stats exactly but my undergrad GPA is hovering somewhere in the 3.0 range and my Pre req GPA are around 3.3 or so now. Are there any schools that may look at Non-trad students more than other schools. Are Loans Hard to Get? I would be 31 when i graduate, as well as burried in debt. I live in the Northeast and Would want to be somewhat local.

Members don't see this ad.

i'm kind of in the same boat as you--sorta. I'm 25 and I will be finished with my pre-reqs this summer. I'm applying to St. Augustine this summer, so hopefully I will be able to start there in February. I go to Marymount(Northern Virginia) right now for my pre-reqs and my A&P lab instructor is 30 and in her second year of the DPT program. She told me that they have 40 year-olds in the program as well. She said its very diverse. Maybe you can look there since its not so far from the northeast...

Loans aren't hard to get, you just have to fill out the FAFSA and see what your needs are. I don't work, so I got the maximum federal award. Also, they have private loans through reputable sources. I have a private loan through Wells Fargo that helps me with the rest of the cost of my tuition for my pre-reqs and will do the same for the DPT program. They have a med-cap loan that is specifically designed for those in the health professions. I would look at their website. They have a pretty low interest rate.

go to the apta website and look around...there is a ton of info there!