WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOT, I just submitted AMCAS.

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

JDUB44

My Wiener (See Pic Below)
10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Title says it all!

Members don't see this ad.

Must feel fantastic. I have no idea what to think of my personal statement since I've recieved both good and bad comments about it and I'm incredibly hesistant to submit.

Raekwon said:
Must feel fantastic. I have no idea what to think of my personal statement since I've recieved both good and bad comments about it and I'm incredibly hesistant to submit.

Please re-read your personal statement with this in mind: I before E, except after C.

Members don't see this ad :)
Raekwon said:

I know I wans't thrilled with mine either but everyone that read it seemed to think it was fine. Just take the comments improve the way you see fit and pull the trigger. If you're willin to go down with it, then thats alll that matters.

Schaden Freud said:
Please re-read your personal statement with this in mind: I before E, except after C.

Ah how I love the exciting world of pre-med anal retentiveness. ;)

Raekwon said:
Ah how I love the exciting world of pre-med anal retentiveness. ;)

Hey I'm being helpful. If I was on an adcom and I saw the word "recieve" I would immediately toss the essay into the recycling bin.

Schaden Freud said:
Hey I'm being helpful. If I was on an adcom and I saw the word "recieve" I would immediately toss the essay into the recycling bin.

Well, if you're going to be a grammar cop, you're missing a comma after the word 'Hey' and after the misspelling of "recieve."

:laugh:

jbrice1639 said:
Well, if you're going to be a grammar cop, you're missing a comma after the word 'Hey' and after the misspelling of "recieve."

Wow you're clever AND original.
Anyway, I wasn't being a grammar cop for the sake of being a grammar cop. Since the post was about the personal statement, I felt my comment was appropriate and constructive.

DropkickMurphy said:
SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO?

:laugh: i know...im thinking the same thing

Schaden Freud said:

Hmmmmm. Somehow this doesn't work when one refers to "science" a lot in one's application. :laugh:

New Rule: I before E, except after C ..... except when in "Science". ;)

I also submitted my AMCAS today. Was very nervous doing it. Plus, cost me $550.00. Ouch. I am sure there are flaws in my app, things that could have been improved. But everyone seemed to like it and I know I can't revise forever. Keeping my fingers crossed!

COngrats!!

Anyone know how long verification is taking these days? I submitted mine nearly 2 weeks ago and it is still in line to be verified.

jbrice1639 said:

Actually....An exclamation point would go after Hey!, not a comma.