EmanUT

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Mar 1, 2006
Status
Pre-Health (Field Undecided)
Has anyone heard anything from any dental schools? So far I have received one payment receipt in the mail. Anyone get any secondary apps?

carpedm

Case Western Class 2011
10+ Year Member
Apr 10, 2006
Status
Pre-Dental
I heard from Nova a couple of days ago and I heard from UNLV today. They both just told me to fill out the supplementary app, and pay the $ if I haven't already done so.

A

asalazar

carpedm said:
I heard from Nova a couple of days ago and I heard from UNLV today. They both just told me to fill out the supplementary app, and pay the $ if I haven't already done so.
When was ur application mailed out????

OP
E

EmanUT

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Mar 1, 2006
Status
So word from Nova and UNLV. Anywhere else?

shengx12

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Jun 8, 2005
Status
Pre-Dental
EmanUT said:
So word from Nova and UNLV. Anywhere else?
Anyone heard from UCLA????

BirkChick

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Jan 24, 2006
Status
Dental Student
Today, I received a secondary from UPenn, as well as a application acknowledgement packet from Case.

carpedm

Case Western Class 2011
10+ Year Member
Apr 10, 2006
Status
Pre-Dental
My application was mailed out on June 30th. According to AADSAS, no schools have recieved my application yet...I guess it just shows how often they update their info.

RDHwife

10+ Year Member
Apr 12, 2006
Status
Pre-Dental
I've heard from Ohio State, UOP, and Nova just asking for secondaries. Application was mailed out July 10 in 2nd mailing

SpikeyMike83

10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
May 19, 2005
GA
Status
My application hasn't been mailed, but what about secondaries? Do you get them if they are interested in you, or do they send em out to just about everyone?

OP
E

EmanUT

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Mar 1, 2006
Status
Also post when you submitted and when your app was mailed out.

DentalBoarder

10+ Year Member
May 22, 2006
Here
Status
Pre-Dental
SpikeyMike83 said:
My application hasn't been mailed, but what about secondaries? Do you get them if they are interested in you, or do they send em out to just about everyone?
just fill them out. u can dl them from their website. i think generally everyone gets secs.

carpedm

Case Western Class 2011
10+ Year Member
Apr 10, 2006
Status
Pre-Dental
I submitted my application on May 16th, mailed out June 30th. I've recieved word from Nova, UNLV, and a packet from Marquette.

OP
E

EmanUT

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Mar 1, 2006
Status
carpedm said:
I submitted my application on May 16th, mailed out June 30th. I've recieved word from Nova, UNLV, and a packet from Marquette.
Did you get e-mails, actual letters or AADSAS updates?

DDS:)

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Apr 8, 2005
Status
Dental Student
Print out mailed out July 10th. Got e-mail from Tufts and Nova only so far

prez_al

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
May 17, 2006
Status
Resident [Any Field]
Printout not mailed out yet (submitted June 7th)... BUT I just recieved an email from Nova saying that they have my AADSAS application... this is sooooo confusing!

Oh wait... 5 mins after posting my original message, they update my application!!! I'm happy and pissed at the same time :smuggrin:

OP
E

EmanUT

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Mar 1, 2006
Status
prez_al said:
Printout not mailed out yet (submitted June 7th)... BUT I just recieved an email from Nova saying that they have my AADSAS application... this is sooooo confusing!
That is strange. Maybe call Nova and AADSAS to see whats going on. Mine was mailed 7/13 and I have yet to hear anything. Hopefully soon!

SirShagaLot

Move Maker Extraordinaire
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Dec 1, 2005
Prison
Status
Pre-Dental
i got emails from tufts and nova today, application mailed out the 13th.

gpa 4.0
DAT 30/30/41
i'm the best!!

:cool:

OP
E

EmanUT

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Mar 1, 2006
Status
I got the Tufts e-mail

RockstarDMD

sUcCeSs iS mY OnLY OpTioN
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
May 17, 2005
Accepted
Status
I have a friend that also received an e-mail from Nova. His app has not been mailed out either. However, Nova has access to AADSAS online.

apaul

Some Dude
10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Mar 1, 2006
Status
Dental Student
i got a packet from case yesterday, it wasnt a secondary application, just a list of what they still needed from me and some nifty 'why case is sweet' information packages

carpedm

Case Western Class 2011
10+ Year Member
Apr 10, 2006
Status
Pre-Dental
As of today I've received email acknowldegements from UNLV, and Nova. I've also recieved paper statements in the mail from Creighton, Case, and Marquette. Haven't checked the mail yet today, but I'm starting to get behind in filling out the secondary apps.

D

dmfDMD

carpedm said:

How were you able to submit May 16th, you aren't supposed to be able to until June 1st, to make it fair for everyone.

Resonance

10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Jan 30, 2006
Status
Pre-Dental
dmfDMD said:
How were you able to submit May 16th, you aren't supposed to be able to until June 1st, to make it fair for everyone.
You could submit your application as soon as the 2007 AADSAS application was up.

rchuloholla

Probationary Status
10+ Year Member
Jun 18, 2006
Status
Pre-Dental
i heard from Stony Brook! WOOHOO... man i want to be called in for interviews already..

submitted may 26th.. and went out in first print out.. Stony brook is pretty good w/ AADSAS cuz they informed AADSAS rite away and it was updated on my site sayin it was recieved by them.

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Apr 8, 2005
Status
Dental Student
rchuloholla said:
i heard from Stony Brook! WOOHOO... man i want to be called in for interviews already..

submitted may 26th.. and went out in first print out.. Stony brook is pretty good w/ AADSAS cuz they informed AADSAS rite away and it was updated on my site sayin it was recieved by them.
I just got e-mail from Stony Brook as well, even through my print out is not mailed out yet for this school(just added to my list recently)

Also got package from Case and Penn yesterday.

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Apr 8, 2005
Status
Dental Student
Anyone heard from other schools lately? :rolleyes:

license2drill

PGY1
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
May 17, 2006
Status
Dental Student
DDS:) said:
I just got e-mail from Stony Brook as well, even through my print out is not mailed out yet for this school(just added to my list recently)

The best dental school in the country ;)

OP
E

EmanUT

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Mar 1, 2006
Status
DDS:) said:

I just got an e-mail from UCSF asking for their secondary application and processing fee! Also, waiting to get the Penn package.

DMD-2-B

10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Mar 13, 2005
Status
rchuloholla said:

Stony Brook ROCKS!!! It's where I did my undergrad, and I'm so inlove with the place... :D

OP
E

EmanUT

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Mar 1, 2006
Status
Got a letter from Penn saying my application is complete.

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Apr 8, 2005
Status
Dental Student
Got e-mail from UCSF as well :D ~

aurora507

10+ Year Member
May 18, 2006
Status
Pre-Dental
Got a letter from NYU saying my application is being reviewed. App mailed out 6/30.

prez_al

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
May 17, 2006
Status
Resident [Any Field]
Got confirmations from Howard and Meharry, that's about it.

OP
E

EmanUT

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Mar 1, 2006
Status
Do you guys think it is a bad idea to call the schools to confirm that they received your materials? I have only been contacted by 3 out of 12 schools I applied to and the app was sent 7/13.

OP
E

EmanUT

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Mar 1, 2006
Status
Got a secondary from UCLA.

OP
E

EmanUT

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Mar 1, 2006
Status
Looks like we have some Harvard e-mails. Anyone else?

Envision

Envisioning...
10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Jun 14, 2005
Irvine
Status
Dentist
RDHwife said:
I've heard from Ohio State, UOP, and Nova just asking for secondaries. Application was mailed out July 10 in 2nd mailing
UOP has a secondary?

apaul

Some Dude
10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Mar 1, 2006
Status
Dental Student
got a confirmation email from OHSU saying they have my stuff, but won't really do anything until september since they are still finalizing the class of 2006

R

RE4

AADSAS hasnt recieved my LORs yet, nor they have mailed out my app. But I recieved an email from Nova askin for $.

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Apr 8, 2005
Status
Dental Student
got mail from michigan and NYU~

cbc32

ChipperDipper
10+ Year Member
Jul 13, 2006
Status
Pre-Dental
How did you hear from Case? I recieved their app. acknowledgment today and I was just wondering how long it took from when you recieved the packet until you recieved the invite. Did they notify you by mail? Thanks.

OP
E

EmanUT

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Mar 1, 2006
Status
Yea, I got a postcard from UCLA on 7/24.

sgdorfl90

10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
May 12, 2005
Status
kokobean said:
same here 7/24
well looks like i got bitch slapped, from my own school, it freaking hurts. I guess I will get over it.

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Apr 8, 2005
Status
Dental Student
cbc32 said:
How did you hear from Case? I recieved their app. acknowledgment today and I was just wondering how long it took from when you recieved the packet until you recieved the invite. Did they notify you by mail? Thanks.

Just got interview invites today :D , got their package 10 days ago~