Word from Dental Schools

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Congrats on the interview! That was fast!

Members don't see this ad.

got rejection letters from Boston and Case already.

RE4 said:
AADSAS hasnt recieved my LORs yet, nor they have mailed out my app. But I recieved an email from Nova askin for $.

I got the email from NOVA as well, and i'm in same situation as u with the application. Guess their in a hurry to get their $50. When did you submit your app?

Members don't see this ad :)
Dentist2be said:
got rejection letters from Boston and Case already.

They have already sent out rejection letters?

So far... I have an interview at Case and have recieved secondaries requests from: UNLV, Creighton, Marquette, Nova, and Arizona. Then I've also heard from Michigan (just had a waiver to sign) and Pitt telling me that they're reviewing my app. It's getting busy...

So, has anyone received an e-mail from HSDM with an actual link yet? :laugh: I know there were some others who got one that just said "Link to web page Info about process" at the end.

Letters/packets from USC, UOP, NYU indicating receipt of payment. Creighton, UCSF, ASDOH and NOVA asked for secondaries. Got the Tufts email. Got the packet from Case offering interviews. UCLA...nothing. Damn you, UCLA. Damn you to hell!

Just received secondaries from Arizona :)

Just got a letter from UConn saying they have all of my stuff. Exciting :p

So, some form of contact from all of the schools applied to except Colorado and UCLA..

Ditto for UConn and that bizarre Harvard email with the phantom link. Does anyone know when Boston, Louisville and Temple begin to mail out their supplementals?

I called Colorado and they said it will be a few weeks until they begin processing the apps. Also, I have had some contact from everyone now except UW and BU. I guess now we fill out secondaries and wait.

wahoo! got my invite for Case today, couldnt call since it was past 5 EST so I'll schedule on monday morning. I also got the AZ secondary today :D

hey just curious, i have two questions.

ONE, what year are all of you in school?

and

TWO, I go to MIT, and our grades there are very very hard to get. For example, I have not gotten an A yet. Do you think dental schools take into account of (not-so-common) cases like this where they know the courseload and rigor is insane?

thanks =)

Members don't see this ad :)
pucca said:
hey just curious, i have two questions.

ONE, what year are all of you in school?

and

TWO, I go to MIT, and our grades there are very very hard to get. For example, I have not gotten an A yet. Do you think dental schools take into account of (not-so-common) cases like this where they know the courseload and rigor is insane?

thanks =)

People on here will tell you that undergrad school doesn't matter and people will tell you it does. Probably 90% of the things said on here are 2nd hand at best. I'd like to think that what school you attended makes a difference. The truth is that it probably depends on the dental school as is the answer w/ most of these types of questions.

EDIT: P.S. I recieved a postcard from UW saying they recieved my AADSAS packet. Last year it was a few weeks later that I received a secondary. Good luck as always.... if you're not applying to UW ofcourse ;)

So Far here are the emails that I have got:

Tufts (wanting money)
Howard (wanting money)
Indiana (just letting me know that got my AADSAS)
Florida (just letting me know that they got my AADSAS)

but still waiting for nova

jorUW said:
EDIT: P.S. I recieved a postcard from UW saying they recieved my AADSAS packet. Last year it was a few weeks later that I received a secondary. Good luck as always.... if you're not applying to UW ofcourse ;)

My AADSAS went out a few days before yours (don't live in Seattle though) so I'll probably get the UW postcard soon. Did the secondary come by e-mail or mail from last year?

EmanUT said:
My AADSAS went out a few days before yours (don't live in Seattle though) so I'll probably get the UW postcard soon. Did the secondary come by e-mail or mail from last year?

It was a large envelope w/ papers. You had to write two 1 page essays last year and sign off on a back ground check. Also they give you a pre-addressed envelope to send in your sup fee.

Anybody get word from Maryland or Columbia yet?

today I got an email from louisville, asking for money

apaul said:
today I got an email from louisville, asking for money

Hey, you're getting love notes already from Louisville! GL :luck:

Lucass said:
Anybody get word from Maryland or Columbia yet?

I didnt hear from Columbia, but they cashed my money :eek: :oops:

Maryland cashed my check, but I haven't heard anything from them yet. Columbia didn't send me anything, but I e-mailed them to check my status. I also got a UW postcard today.

theGodfather11 said:
has anyone heard anything from pitt?

I got an email about a week ago saying that my application was under review. Then later in the day I got another email saying that they didn't have one of my lor's. I guess it got lost somewhere between AADSAS and Pitt, so I had to have my evaluator send them another.

carpedm said:
I got an email about a week ago saying that my application was under review. Then later in the day I got another email saying that they didn't have one of my lor's. I guess it got lost somewhere between AADSAS and Pitt, so I had to have my evaluator send them another.

when did they cash your check.... i sent mine 2 months ago

UCLA, UNLV, ASDOH: secondary
UOP, USC: Reciepts of payment
BU, NYU: Nothing!

EmanUT said:
Do you guys think it is a bad idea to call the schools to confirm that they received your materials? I have only been contacted by 3 out of 12 schools I applied to and the app was sent 7/13.

Not at all! Give them a call! (I'm a poet and I didn't even...)

theGodfather11 said:

...are you talking about Columbia? If so I mailed my check in about 2 months ago and they just cashed it about a week and a half ago.

I got a post card from UW today, and a letter from UCSF saying my app. is completed, now under review~ :D

secondary from stoneybrook. nova, and buffalo

in case people are wondering about Maryland, I just got my interview invite. . . psych!!! but I did just call them and they said they havent touched applications, they are trying to make it through orientation this week, and starting next week they'll begin the process of sorting and filing and what not, so lets not freak out k?

theGodfather11 said:
That is the only check that I sent with my original AADSAS that hasn't been cashed yet.

apaul said:
in case people are wondering about Maryland, I just got my interview invite. . . psych!!! but I did just call them and they said they havent touched applications, they are trying to make it through orientation this week, and starting next week they'll begin the process of sorting and filing and what not, so lets not freak out k?

Thanks for the update...even though I almost punched a whole through the computer screen. :eek:

Lucass said:
Thanks for the update...even though I almost punched a whole through the computer screen. :eek:

I thought we all could use a tension relieving laugh :laugh:

hey, has anyone had their check to VCU cashed?

apaul said:
hey, has anyone had their check to VCU cashed?

Yep, a few weeks ago at least... Don't think this means anything other than they are open to receiving money.

Anyone who was in the 7/17 mailing or later get a postcard from UCLA yet? I'm getting impatient, lol :p

dippedindettol said:
got my letter today: NOVA interview on october 4th

Wow!!! Congrats.

When u submitted ur secondary online??

dippedindettol said:
got my letter today: NOVA interview on october 4th

Congrats. AADSAS screwed up my letters so now I'm sending them directly from my career services center. It stinks that an ap isnt complete until they get the letters. Darn AADSAS. I really hope i get invited to interview at NOVA. It sounds like a great school from what I've researched and what SDNers say.

jorUW said:
Congrats. AADSAS screwed up my letters so now I'm sending them directly from my career services center. It stinks that an ap isnt complete until they get the letters. Darn AADSAS. I really hope i get invited to interview at NOVA. It sounds like a great school from what I've researched and what SDNers say.

Haven't heard anything from Harvard and Clombia yet... weird...

shengx12 said:
Haven't heard anything from Harvard and Clombia yet... weird...

You didn't get a really weird short email from Harvard containing a nonexistent link?

so has anyones status at designated schools been updated ever? I just talked to VCU asking about my app status and she just told to check it online but nothing has been put up there, not even my interview at case

aurora507 said:
You didn't get a really weird short email from Harvard containing a nonexistent link?
Nope..