Word from Dental Schools

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
armorshell said:
Just got the secondary yesterday here, I know some other people have gotten it too.

I am not a WA resident, so maybe it will take more time for them to determine if I should be one of the 8 out-of-state students.

Members don't see this ad.

armorshell said:
Mailed out on July 21st, the only email I've gotten from them is the "Fill out this secondary" and "Here's some FinAid info" emails, and my webstar has never been updated, so I guess I don't really know...

thank you.
M.

Members don't see this ad :)
I got an interview at indiana but i was wondering when ohio state starts getting back to you i submitted their secondary on the 5th of aug?

bcp/cum/nsci
3.25/3.4/3.8

AA/SCI/PAT
19/20/19

RozhonDDS said:
got interview at VCU
congrats Rozhon, was the invite by mail, or email? and are you instate or out of state? thanks a lot

whats this 'package'?? is it just the postcard that says app under review. someone got a package from upenn. i mailed out all the stuff, including the secondary app for penn, when i e-submitted my app on aadsas.

I got an interview invite for VCU by mail today. Oh, and I'm instate.

Lucass said:
Ya, the only way I could even tell that it was from Boston was that it the email address of the sender was @bu.edu

My AADSAS was mailed out on 8/15 (applied 7/18) for UCLA, UCSF, UOP and LLU;but I applied to USC, NYU, BU and ASDOH on 8/14 (print out not mailed yet.). However, I got an email from BU (Ms. Liane Weber) today but the content is empty, so I replied and she sent me a reply back with an instruction to complete the fee payment and to send in my DAT score.

i got an email from umaryland saying my app is complete and under review.

I just found out ASDOH will begin interviewing on September 11th, 12th, 18th, 25th and 26th.

to those who have had interview invites from case - how were you notified (phone call, snail mail, email) and was your status updated on the AADSAS page as well?

laelialudisia said:
to those who have had interview invites from case - how were you notified (phone call, snail mail, email) and was your status updated on the AADSAS page as well?

THICK piece of snail mail and AADSAS status remains blank.

Members don't see this ad :)
I just got an interview invite from Creighton.

Mackerel said:
I just got an interview invite from Creighton.
I thought I heard from somewhere that Creighton accepts students without an interview......hmm...I could be wrong..

prez_al said:
THICK piece of snail mail and AADSAS status remains blank.

just got the packet!!! called and set up interview, yeah!!! :D

i got a thick packet from them last week that included two handbooks, but no interview!!! is this the packet you all are referring to?

sgoh said:
I thought I heard from somewhere that Creighton accepts students without an interview......hmm...I could be wrong..
I just got the interview invite too, they must be interviewing this year because of the number of applicants...

armorshell said:
I just got the interview invite too, they must be interviewing this year because of the number of applicants...

add one more to the Creighton interview invitees...

sumluck said:
add one more to the Creighton interview invitees...

How did the invite come? Mail, email, phone? and how long have you're apps been in?

Squeegified said:
How did the invite come? Mail, email, phone? and how long have you're apps been in?
Got the email this morning. Intrestingly, I did not even have a chance to send the secondary application nor the fee (was out of country). I'm going to mail the app today. Going Sept 11. (Oh crap im flying 9/11 :scared: )

Mackerel said:
Got the email this morning. Intrestingly, I did not even have a chance to send the secondary application nor the fee (was out of country). I'm going to mail the app today. Going Sept 11. (Oh crap im flying 9/11 :scared: )
Scheduled mine for the 15th, did you get any information on where the inteviews are going ot be held?

I just set up my UPENN interview :) for Oct. 27th. I'm really excited! Does anyone know how many students they usually interview?

messenger said:
i got a thick packet from them last week that included two handbooks, but no interview!!! is this the packet you all are referring to?

anyone? :thumbup:

messenger said:

there are 2 discussions going on right now about case and creighton - the thick packet (the one i was asking and posting about) was from case.

several weeks ago i got a large packet from case with brochures and a checklist that told me what they still needed from me for my application to be considered "complete".

today i received a thick, regular envelope inviting me to interview which contained instructions on who to call to set up the interview and other info. like the schedule and where to stay, etc. they are now booking interviews into the beginning of Oct.

hope that helps :)

laelialudisia said:
there are 2 discussions going on right now about case and creighton - the thick packet (the one i was asking and posting about) was from case.

several weeks ago i got a large packet from case with brochures and a checklist that told me what they still needed from me for my application to be considered "complete".

today i received a thick, regular envelope inviting me to interview which contained instructions on who to call to set up the interview and other info. like the schedule and where to stay, etc. they are now booking interviews into the beginning of Oct.

hope that helps :)

perfect. thank you. yeah i received the first one. how long did it take for the second with the invite to arrive thereafter? thank you!

messenger said:
perfect. thank you. yeah i received the first one. how long did it take for the second with the invite to arrive thereafter? thank you!

the first packet arrived on july 24th, and the invitation to interview arrived today 8/18, hope that helps :)

Allstar99 said:
I just set up my UPENN interview :) for Oct. 27th. I'm really excited! Does anyone know how many students they usually interview?

UPenn usually interviews around 360 people. I'm not sure how many they usually accept, probably around half of that.

UCSF's webtools for this cycle (http://dentistry.ucsf.edu/webtools/) is up :) Looks like not all of the info is entered yet, though -- says the last update was 8/4/06, and my status is still the pre-secondary one. So maybe next week it'll be up-to-date. Pacific's status page has been updated again today, as well.

This is the worst part of the process, just waiting. Anyone hear anything recently?

utahdent123 said:
I just found out ASDOH will begin interviewing on September 5th, 11th, 12th, 18th, 25th and 26th. I didn't get invite, I just found the interview schedule while searching there website. So I think the invitations for interviews should be coming soon. Good luck everyone!

How did you find that, i just searched all over. the only place for a calendar is in the actual place to schedule an interview, in which you have to log into in order to view.

Got an interview at UConn :D

Gotta wait until Wed to call bec the lady isn't there :(

SRW26 said:
UCSF's webtools for this cycle (http://dentistry.ucsf.edu/webtools/) is up :) Looks like not all of the info is entered yet, though -- says the last update was 8/4/06, and my status is still the pre-secondary one. So maybe next week it'll be up-to-date. Pacific's status page has been updated again today, as well.

If I'm getting a "You MUST enter a valid Name and AADSAS # - Please go back and Try Again" message....could it be that I'm not in their system yet as they only received my app around 4 days ago????

lifeisgood said:
If I'm getting a "You MUST enter a valid Name and AADSAS # - Please go back and Try Again" message....could it be that I'm not in their system yet as they only received my app around 4 days ago????

That is probably the case -- that's the message I had been getting before.

Marquette's section updated too, no first round love for me :(

" Applicant's file has received an initial review from the Admissions Committee, but a final decision has not yet been made. The file remains active in our applicant pool. A decision will be rendered at a subsequent meeting of the committee."

Just got the UCSF postcard today. For anyone interested my app was mailed out on Aug 15 :) Pretty quick. (I do live in the Bay area though.)

UK updated to "Received/Under Review"

ULouisville updated to "Recieved/Waiting for Additional Info." - called school to see what they were missing b/c i thought i had turned everything in and was told there is some issue with AADSAS and application is in fact complete :) and waiting to be reviewed (mid-september). if your status @ UL says the above i would recommend calling to verify that in fact your application is complete.

Edit: and i got an email from MUSC saying that my application is complete and they will begin reviewing in-state applicants next week and out-of-state applicants mid-november :sleep:

armorshell said:

" Applicant's file has received an initial review from the Admissions Committee, but a final decision has not yet been made. The file remains active in our applicant pool. A decision will be rendered at a subsequent meeting of the committee."

maybe i am just stupid :oops: but what does that statement mean? were you reviewed and not selected to interview but you are sort of put "on hold" if they decide to rereview applicants after they interview the ones they are really interested in, or what?

just wondering b/c if that statement shows up i would like to know what it means

laelialudisia said:
maybe i am just stupid :oops: but what does that statement mean? were you reviewed and not selected to interview but you are sort of put "on hold" if they decide to rereview applicants after they interview the ones they are really interested in, or what?

just wondering b/c if that statement shows up i would like to know what it means
I'm not exactly sure either, but my inclination is that I'm not going to be getting any love from Marquette.

laelialudisia said:

I got one of those last year. It ended in a waitlisted position which subsequently turned into 'not going to dental school this year.' But it basically means that you are on hold because they have met their interview quota for the first round. Remember, its rolling admissions.

armorshell said:
I'm not exactly sure either, but my inclination is that I'm not going to be getting any love from Marquette.
Add me to the list of people getting no love from Marquette. It might be because I'm still working on their essay... Oh well.

prez_al said:
Add me to the list of people getting no love from Marquette. It might be because I'm still working on their essay... Oh well.
The lady I talked to at Marquette said that essay isn't required for interview/admission. It's a scholarship essay, not a secondary.

Got a confirmation form from UCSF in the mail today saying they have all of my stuff (I sent off my secondary materials about 3-4 weeks ago). No word from UCLA yet, though.

Good luck everyone :thumbup:

I got a UPENN interview invite today....my first one. They interview of Thu or Fridays.

Has anyone who had their application mailed out on August 4th received an interview invitation?

I had mine mailed on 8/4 and all I have gotten are the secondary applications. But those lead up to interview invites, so hopefully in the next few weeks I should hear something.

armorshell said:

Where does it say this statement? On the aadsas website? It says on my aadsas: "Received/Waiting Additional Information" under the status part. I need some love from one school. I got nothing from Case :(

I got an email from MUSC today saying my application was complete, but they wouldn't be interviewing out of staters till November.