• AMA with Certified Student Loan Professional

Join SDN on December 7th at 6:00 PM Eastern as we host Andrew Paulson of StudentLoanAdvice.com for an AMA webinar. He'll be answering your questions about how to best manage your student loans. Register now!

Work/Activities Section of AMCAS application

aussie_austin21

Jan 30, 2020
  1. Pre-Medical
    Question (Work/Activities Section) - I am not sure if I should connect all my research/labwork to just one section or Have 3 different sections. 700 characters for all of this is too little to me. So right now I have it in three sections (Research/labwork, Poster/Presentation, and Publications)

1. I research/worked in a lab for 2 semesters..

2) I presented a poster at Day of Scholars event that encompassed part of that research but not all.

3) I also am named on a unpublished abstract with my professor and his graduate student. It that was sent to a Science Academy for an oral presentation.

Any help would be awesome! If you would like to take a look at them, let me know as well. Would love some feedback.

Catalystik

The Gimlet Eye
    Verified Expert
    15+ Year Member
    Sep 4, 2006
    The Other Side of the Portal
    1. Attending Physician
      Question (Work/Activities Section) - I am not sure if I should connect all my research/labwork to just one section or Have 3 different sections. 700 characters for all of this is too little to me. So right now I have it in three sections (Research/labwork, Poster/Presentation, and Publications)
      1. I research/worked in a lab for 2 semesters..
      2. I presented a poster at Day of Scholars event that encompassed part of that research but not all.
      3. I also am named on a unpublished abstract with my professor and his graduate student. It that was sent to a Science Academy for an oral presentation.
      I suggest mentioning the poster presented at your college in the same space as the Research description.

What is the status of the submitted abstract? Has it been accepted for presentation at a conference or has it already been presented?

For what purpose would you use a Publications entry?

About the Ads
      This thread is more than 1 year old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
      2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
      3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
      4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
      5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
      6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
      7. This thread is locked.