Work/Activities section

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

honeybee87

Membership Revoked
Removed
Reaction score
for the work/activities section, do we only list our roles/responsibilities in that job/volunteering position, or do we add both our roles and what we learned from the activity and how it affected us?

Members don't see this ad.

Unless you designate it as “most meaningful”, you will have a very short space to describe the activity. So if you want to write something extra regarding impact, you have to make sure it is of substance.

Here are some of my tips for writing those extra nuggets:

-When writing about shadowing, be sure to briefly write about your knowledge about what a doctor’s day is like

-Write an interesting detail about an activity that someone wouldn’t otherwise expect. For example, I volunteered at a shelter and briefly wrote a sentence about how I frequently helped men with criminal backgrounds with their resumé.

Reactions: 1 user
Reactions: 1 user
Unless you designate it as “most meaningful”, you will have a very short space to describe the activity. So if you want to write something extra regarding impact, you have to make sure it is of substance.

Here are some of my tips for writing those extra nuggets:

-When writing about shadowing, be sure to briefly write about your knowledge about what a doctor’s day is like

-Write an interesting detail about an activity that someone wouldn’t otherwise expect. For example, I volunteered at a shelter and briefly wrote a sentence about how I frequently helped men with criminal backgrounds with their resumé.
If they are fairly common activities, putting a unique feature of yours may help alleviate the monotony of reviewing hundreds of applications.