work experience??

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

venus

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
hi, guys!! i'm glad to know about this site .
i'm also one of the foreign dentist who wants to apply for the ISP in UPENN , Tufts or BU. Last year i took NBDE part 1 &2 (i couldn't get such a high mark,though. part 1 89 ,part 2 84)and i am planning to take a Toefl in Feb. my question is what score would affect most about getting in there? part 1 score or toefl or interview ???
Also if i have a specialty from my country not US's one , is it easier to get in the IPS course? As a matter of fact, i don't have any specialty .
i wanna know how long you guys have been working before applying for the ISP. average years...

Members don't see this ad.

hi!
Checkout previous posts there are bunch of informations . i am sure u would be able to clear all your doubts or even more you would get from it. :)

welcome venus,

If you have been reading this forum before, you would be able to tell that part 1 score is what people worries the most, that's 'cause schools place most of its decision there. Still the other factors is what distinguishes you from the rest, but sure part 1 is very important.

About TOEFL score, a 240 or a 300 on it will only matter pre-interview, 'cause during the interview, I'm pretty sure they'll evaluate your English is anyway. :rolleyes: That's their job, drill you inside out.

It does seems that having post graduate studies puts you higher on the school rank, if you ask them, they'll tell you so themselves.

Work experiece..... well, one of my interviewers did mention that he likes applicants with work experience, rather than someone who hasn't been in touch with the field for some years. So, if you can get a job as a dental assistant, it will be better probably. At least you can show you've been doing something within the dental field. Or so they say, you never know what to beleive this guys, they are such liers.

You can always email the addmission directors or IDP program directors of the schools you're interested in and straigh ahead ask them, what they think makes an applicant better than the other.

thanks meggs!! helps me a lot!!
Even though i already read previous threats, i wanted to confirm what i've known so far.^^
ciao~~