Work life balance as clinical pharmacist

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

lazydazy

Go Bulls!
10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello,
I was wondering about the work-life balance as a clinical pharmacist. I've been a retail pharmacist since I graduated last year. I always wanted to be a clinical pharmacist but had to defer applying for residencies since my husband lost his job. I know in retail the hours are long, I have to work every other weekend and many nights. Is it the same as a clinical pharmacist? Do you have to work most holidays like in retail?

I want to do clinical pharmacist not only because it's more interesting to me, but also because I feel it'll be a better career where I'll have more evenings and weekends to spend with our son.

Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

Hello,
I was wondering about the work-life balance as a clinical pharmacist. I've been a retail pharmacist since I graduated last year. I always wanted to be a clinical pharmacist but had to defer applying for residencies since my husband lost his job. I know in retail the hours are long, I have to work every other weekend and many nights. Is it the same as a clinical pharmacist? Do you have to work most holidays like in retail?

I want to do clinical pharmacist not only because it's more interesting to me, but also because I feel it'll be a better career where I'll have more evenings and weekends to spend with our son.

Thanks!

"There is no such thing as work-life balance, there are work-life choices, and you make them, and they have consequences."

Jack Welch