Work RVU?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

fat albert

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Does any one know the national average compensation per work RVU?

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
This is the same number I was told 2 years ago. I am not sure what the most recent value has been readjusted to.

Hi Midline , do you know which year for this MGMA report as I am trying to negotiate a new contract and wrvu rate is on the top of my list.

did you realize that the RVU for a unilateral procedure is the same for a bilateral procedure when using most commonly used RVU calculators?

did you realize that the RVU for a unilateral procedure is the same for a bilateral procedure when using most commonly used RVU calculators?

No, I didn't, but I do very few bilateral procedures. Still, good to know. I just trained for mild and will want to know if I am irradiating myself for half pay.

So does this mean that an employer will pay you $80/RVU, or that insurance will reimburse you $80/RVU? My group bills $100/RVU and my insurance reimbursement is not close to $80, but I work at a couple rural hospitals that get 90% reimbursement and they have offered to bill and collect for me.

There are RVU and there are wRVUs. They are different.

When negotiating a wRVU with a hospital you are negotiating how much the hospital will pay you per wRVU, despite what they get paid.

I get paid for my wRVUs even if my hospital is unable to collect anything.