Work & Volunteer

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

DenaliView

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
So I was applying for a volunteer position today and I was offered a job...:) Seems like it is a really good job and I will probably take it. Is it a problem if I also volunteer within this same organization as well or will this seem fishy on my application. I will work as an RN but I want to provide respite care within this same organization as a volunteer any thoughts....

Members don't see this ad.

So I was applying for a volunteer position today and I was offered a job...:) Seems like it is a really good job and I will probably take it. Is it a problem if I also volunteer within this same organization as well or will this seem fishy on my application. I will work as an RN but I want to provide respite care within this same organization as a volunteer any thoughts....

Well, first thought are you sure the organization even let you work and volunteer simultaneously?

Second thought is it'd be better to go somewhere else to broaden your experiences.

Third thought is you must mean RNA and not RN.

Fourth thought is, if you really want to volunteer there then do that and find a job somewhere else.

They will allow me to work and volunteer simultaneously; I probably will end up volunteering someplace else (for additional experience) but was wondering if adding a couple hours extra at my work will be a problem, probably so. I do mean registered nurse, think I will take the job and volunteer elsewhere it will make things all around less complicated. Thanks for your thoughts.

Members don't see this ad :)
They will allow me to work and volunteer simultaneously; I probably will end up volunteering someplace else (for additional experience) but was wondering if adding a couple hours extra at my work will be a problem, probably so. I do mean registered nurse, think I will take the job and volunteer elsewhere it will make things all around less complicated. Thanks for your thoughts.

whats the job?

whats the job?

I would work as an RN in a community health setting in a case management position, I want to volunteer on the side providing respite care for children and their families but probably will just look for the volunteer hours in another setting to keep interesting.

I assume you're a registered nurse then?

I assume you're a registered nurse then?

Well after shadowing in the hospital I figured NG's and IV's were no big deal so I applied.....figured it would make for some great clinical experience on my application.....:D hand me a sterile dressing kit and I am ready to roll!! lol j/k yep I am a Registered nurse graduated from nursing school.

Well after shadowing in the hospital I figured NG's and IV's were no big deal so I applied.....figured it would make for some great clinical experience on my application.....:D hand me a sterile dressing kit and I am ready to roll!! lol j/k yep I am a Registered nurse graduated from nursing school.

The clinical experience you're going to have on your app will be freakin amazing. Not sure how anyone else can top it excluding actually being a doctor, which doesn't make any sense anyways. Ha.