Dismiss Notice

Interview Feedback: Visit Interview Feedback to view and submit interview information.

Interviewing Masterclass: Free masterclass on interviewing from SDN and Medical College of Georgia

Workaholics

Discussion in 'Pre-Medical - MD' started by Tobtolip, Feb 8, 2002.

1. Tobtolip

Tobtolip Member
    7+ Year Member

Am I the only one that notices most pre-meds are
    usually

A. Workaholics

B. Very Competitive

... I don't mind being a workaholic (in fact I don't feel right unless I'm busy)... but man the competition to get good grades/mcats leads a lot of my fellow mcats to do the strangest things (like pull all nighters maybe 2 days straight, no sleep for ~60 hours)

- I think admissions boards should do something about this (namely giving me a free admissions now), it can't be healthy but then again I might just be delerious from all this "working"

2. hey man, i'm just starting to take biology now. and i don't notice that. the girls are definitely better looking than in computer science.
    also, i just hate those workaholics. but i read about doctors, and many of them prefer doing something athletic in free time, instead of reading a newspaper, like those wallstreet people.

3. Doctora Foxy

7+ Year Member

Medical Student
    I am not a workaholic nor competetive. In fact, I never do any work. I bought all of my books this semester and then I returned them because I had no intentions of studying them. And I'm only competitive when I have to be. Keeping busy is good, but working too much could drive people insane!