Workers' Comp

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Pain Applicant1

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Can anyone help me out and let me know how I can begin accepting workers' compensation? Are they separate panels I need to apply to? Do I need to apply to each individual insurance company that has a workers' comp policy?

As always, thanks in advance for any help.

Members don't see this ad.

Can anyone help me out and let me know how I can begin accepting workers' compensation? Are they separate panels I need to apply to? Do I need to apply to each individual insurance company that has a workers' comp policy?

As always, thanks in advance for any help.

which state are you in?

obviously, a state of delirium if he wants to see comp patients....

Members don't see this ad :)

Hah!

I'm in Virginia. Also, would you happen to know about personal injury and/or Med-Pay? Would I need to apply to those insurance policies too?

i second this notion....they will be less than 5 percent of your patients and chew up 75% of your resources

Hah!

I'm in Virginia. Also, would you happen to know about personal injury and/or Med-Pay? Would I need to apply to those insurance policies too?

I do not know about Virginia. In other states that I have been in you must be a credentialed provider with the plan that administers it.

For PI you do not usually need a contract but do get a letter of protection

Of the two, I think that I would pick PI over WC. At least you will be compensated fairly but it may take 2-4 years...

I still argue WC is 50/50 fun/soul sucking. People injured at work who really want to get better are very fun to work with and are very appreciative of me. People injured at work who hate their job and need money will never get better, no matter what magic I pull out of my hat.

So if your state pays well, expect good and bad associated stress levels. In my state all w/c is contracted out over various private payors so there's not a separate enrollment, if you are contracted with the mother company.

WC is great. Its fun to get in between an entitled patient (and his lawyer) who does not want to get better, and an adjuster that wants to question everything you do for the patient. When you throw in the crappy pay and the huge time requirement due to endless phone calls and paperwork, it really doesn't get any better.

You will make more money and have far fewer headaches if you set up a clinic at Del Boca Vista retirement home.

WC is great. Its fun to get in between an entitled patient (and his lawyer) who does not want to get better, and an adjuster that wants to question everything you do for the patient. When you throw in the crappy pay and the huge time requirement due to endless phone calls and paperwork, it really doesn't get any better.

You will make more money and have far fewer headaches if you set up a clinic at Del Boca Vista retirement home.

Tried that in Phase 2, wound up giving away a ton of Waterpiks.

wait a minute, this isnt a Wizard, its a "Willard"

wait a minute, this isnt a Wizard, its a "Willard"

Good call, SSdoc!

Old Man: "Hey, Morty, what's wrong with these tip calculators?"
Morty: "What are you talking about?"
Old Man: "It's overtipping. I just left five bucks for a BLT."
Morty: "This isn't a Wizard, it's a Willard."
Jerry: "A Willard? Saccamano, Sr. screwed me!"
Old Man #2: "Mine doesn't have a seven!"
Old Man #3: "I'm ruined!"
Morty: "Jerry, why didn't you get them Wizards?"
Jerry: "Because a real Wizard's two hundred dollars."