Workhorse sites

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

TiptoeConqueror

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey everyone,

I’m looking for insight from former interns that might be helpful for me and other people ranking over the next few days. What internship sites deserve the designation as a workhorse and which ones get an unfair reputation? Please list your program where you interned or that you have some honest secondary insight into and write “deserved” or “undeserved” and the approximate number of hours worked weekly. Any additional insight is a bonus!

For example, Wonderland VA= deserved (90)

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
This might be a difficult request because this is a matter of someone’s perception. I think it’s a matter of what’s the best fit for you. Although I’m sure some sites aren’t the greatest overall. What sites specifically are you considering. You can PM me.

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile app

I recognize this is pretty subjective but I figured putting a number to it as well really helps.

Members don't see this ad :)
I don’t think you’re going to get a lot of people naming and criticizing their internship site for everyone on the internet to see. Maybe some people will put it out there, but it’s a small world after you graduate.

If you have a question about how much work is involved at a site you have interviewed with, consider asking the current interns if the TD has offered their contact info.

Last edited:
Reactions: 4 users
Yeah, you won't see a lot of bashing going on here. I can name about 7 off the top of my head. They're generally very good places and they are pretty up front about the workload to applicants, so it's no surprise. This wouldn't be information that I would post because it's meaningless without context.

Reactions: 1 users
It's less about right or wrong answers and more about choice. There are some highly reputable places that I hated because it didn't fit me. It doesn't make them bad sites, just bad for me. Set limits based on what you want, how it accomplishes career goals, and what you are willing to do- rank accordingly.

Last edited:
I would email the current interns (our TD freely provided our email addresses to interviewees who wanted the scoop from us).