working as a general dentist in Gulf countries ?!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

futurdentist

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Has anybody tried working as a general dentist in the gulf countries ? how was your experience? which websites can u use to find job openings there ?

Members don't see this ad.

You could make a decent amount of money, but just beware that if you make a mistake (either medical or societal) you will be subject to shariah law, a very very strict set of laws. You can be given lashes.

Members don't see this ad :)
I think those job postings are with US oil companies like Aramco or Halliburton. You'll be living in a US compound in Saudi Arabia taking care of US oil workers and their families. Don't listen those idiots about shariah law and such. I'm pretty sure the dictators in these Arab nations take extra care not to endanger relations with the American public by cutting off the hands of a dentist who works for Halliburton. If anything you'll probably be deported. I'm sure Hallibuton and Aramco do not want to set a precedent where American employees get tried in a Saudi court for their crimes. No matter how heinous. I'm guessing the pay is good, but I think its very difficult to get those jobs. I'd think you'd be surprised how many guys probably want those postings.