Working as Hospitalist in Kaiser Permanente CA, anyone?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

DrTerex

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
hi Guys/Gals,
wondering if any hospitalist currently working in KP either in southern or Northern CA. im currently working as hospitalist in Southern CA and plan to work in Kaiser Permanente as I was told by a former classmate of mine that if your working in CA work in Kaiser Permanente.
Is the base pay in KP Northern CA higher or better than KP Southern CA?

Thanks in advance!!

Members don't see this ad.

hi Guys/Gals,
wondering if any hospitalist currently working in KP either in southern or Northern CA. im currently working as hospitalist in Southern CA and plan to work in Kaiser Permanente as I was told by a former classmate of mine that if your working in CA work in Kaiser Permanente.
Is the base pay in KP Northern CA higher or better than KP Southern CA?

Thanks in advance!!

I am a hospitalist at Kaiser in Northern California. The exact shifts required can vary from facility to facility is my understanding although I believe the base pay should be the same at all the facilities in northern california. However southern california is NOT the same medical group (it is same hospital system/insurance plan) and has a different compensation plan. I have no idea if the pay in southern california is more or less. When I had interviewed in southern california ~10 years ago it was roughly comparable.