Working full time and studying for MCAT? Advice...

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

futureMD4294

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
So i have recently gotten accepted to two job positions: one is a Medical Scribe/ Ophthalmic Lab Tech position (35-40 hours a week) and the other is just a Medical Scribe position (24-32 hours a week).
I am also planning on taking the MCAT late January (Sooo 5.5 months to study for this). I LOVE the 35-40 hour job, but it is not as flexible as the the 24-32 hours a week position.

1. Should I pick the position that I like the most or pick the one with less hours and more flexibility.

2. Any advice on working full time and studying for the MCAT?

Members don't see this ad.

So i have recently gotten accepted to two job positions: one is a Medical Scribe/ Ophthalmic Lab Tech position (35-40 hours a week) and the other is just a Medical Scribe position (24-32 hours a week).
I am also planning on taking the MCAT late January (Sooo 5.5 months to study for this). I LOVE the 35-40 hour job, but it is not as flexible as the the 24-32 hours a week position.

1. Should I pick the position that I like the most or pick the one with less hours and more flexibility.

2. Any advice on working full time and studying for the MCAT?

I would take the job you enjoyed more dude.

You have plenty of time to prep with a full time job. I'd try to get all general content review done in 2 months, start your real "studying" of flash cards and such made the following two months, and the last 6 weeks just do all the AAMC FLs and section banks.

Reactions: 1 users