Working full time in research at one of the schools I applied to...should I send an update?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

moocka13

2+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi all,

I was hired at one of the med schools I applied to as a research tech in one of the largest labs on campus AFTER I submitted my secondary. I submitted my secondary late September and was hired shortly after! I haven't heard back from them yet, and I understand it's only been a little over a month, so I don't want to come off as annoying or over-eager. Should I send an update pre-interview saying that I work for them and have participated in some campus wide volunteering? They have a section in the secondary asking if we have any connections to the school// were involved in any programs, so I know they value that. Is it too early to send an update? Should I wait?

Members don't see this ad.

Not update worthy at all. A great topic to discuss at an interview if you get one, but this is not something likely to push you over that edge to get the interview.

Reactions: 1 user
Hi all,

I was hired at one of the med schools I applied to as a research tech in one of the largest labs on campus AFTER I submitted my secondary. I submitted my secondary late September and was hired shortly after! I haven't heard back from them yet, and I understand it's only been a little over a month, so I don't want to come off as annoying or over-eager. Should I send an update pre-interview saying that I work for them and have participated in some campus wide volunteering? They have a section in the secondary asking if we have any connections to the school// were involved in any programs, so I know they value that. Is it too early to send an update? Should I wait?
This will not move the needle at all for you. Don't waste you time or theirs.