Working full time in research at one of the schools I applied to...should I send an update?

Oct 15, 2020
Status
  1. Pre-Medical
Hi all,

I was hired at one of the med schools I applied to as a research tech in one of the largest labs on campus AFTER I submitted my secondary. I submitted my secondary late September and was hired shortly after! I haven't heard back from them yet, and I understand it's only been a little over a month, so I don't want to come off as annoying or over-eager. Should I send an update pre-interview saying that I work for them and have participated in some campus wide volunteering? They have a section in the secondary asking if we have any connections to the school// were involved in any programs, so I know they value that. Is it too early to send an update? Should I wait?

Deltasidearm

2+ Year Member
Aug 15, 2018
Not update worthy at all. A great topic to discuss at an interview if you get one, but this is not something likely to push you over that edge to get the interview.

Reactions: 1 user

Goro

SDN Gold Donor
10+ Year Member
Jun 10, 2010
Somewhere west of St. Louis
Status
  1. Non-Student
Hi all,

I was hired at one of the med schools I applied to as a research tech in one of the largest labs on campus AFTER I submitted my secondary. I submitted my secondary late September and was hired shortly after! I haven't heard back from them yet, and I understand it's only been a little over a month, so I don't want to come off as annoying or over-eager. Should I send an update pre-interview saying that I work for them and have participated in some campus wide volunteering? They have a section in the secondary asking if we have any connections to the school// were involved in any programs, so I know they value that. Is it too early to send an update? Should I wait?
This will not move the needle at all for you. Don't waste you time or theirs.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
  2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
  5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
  6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  7. This thread is locked.
About the Ads