Working in a Medicaid Dental office

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

purplepassion

2+ Year Member
Reaction score
Does anyone work in a Medicaid office?! Yesterday was awful. I’m a hygiene assistant. The doctor says one thing about approaching medical clearances and the hygienist says another.... felt like a pawn. It was a complete mess.... I’m mentally exhausted.

Members don't see this ad.

Does anyone work in a Medicaid office?! Yesterday was awful. I’m a hygiene assistant. The doctor says one thing about approaching medical clearances and the hygienist says another.... felt like a pawn. It was a complete mess.... I’m mentally exhausted.

I’m not sure what you are asking

Reactions: 1 user

When you're in a corporate medicaid office, hierarchies are sometimes switched (i.e where nurses have more administrative power than doctors in some hospital settings). Ideally, doctor overrules hygienist in treatment decisions. However, in a corporate office, OM's(and higher such as DM) overrule doctors even though they technically shouldn't. Ask your OM who to listen to. The correct answer should be doctor, but in some offices, that's not case.

What're you asking? I work in an FQHC