Working while in school?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

amz

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I was wondering if anyone worked part time/per diem while in school? I am a physical therapist and was thinking about working per deim on weekends or weeknights, but don't know if I will have time. Does anyone have any input?

Members don't see this ad.

I work 50 hours a month and have had no problems keeping up. I am a Clinical Laboratory Scientist and was able to get a job prn at the hospital just up the street from my house. The cool thing is that we work 12 hour shifts. I just wake up and go to class, come home, try to rest for a while, and work 6pm-6:30am. I sleep until about 11 and make it to school just in time for lab. If I get a weekend shift then that obviously doesn't matter. It all depends on how much time you need to study. I am a weekend only studier so had tons of free time during first and second year classes. Everybody id different, but I have to say for me it was more than doable. :)
VJWDO
KCUMB-COM 2007

Thanks for your input- I am definitely considering working at least per diem now. Who couldn't use a little extra cash!