World's First Awake Cardiac Bypass & Valve Surgery ( India )

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

rockdoctor

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
hello my colleges I saw this operation and don't know why all this talking about it Can anybody explain what is the new about this operation

Members don't see this ad.

It's already explained on the page you've posted about what's unique about it. Impressive, though.

Yes, definitely impressive.

But that patient definitely has a lot of balls. I wonder if they gave the guy a blindfold or something to cover his eyesight.....who wants to see their own chest being ripped open?

Members don't see this ad :)
Yes, definitely impressive.

But that patient definitely has a lot of balls. I wonder if they gave the guy a blindfold or something to cover his eyesight.....who wants to see their own chest being ripped open?

I'm sure the patient was draped, and would not have been able to see.

So it seems no one actually watched the video then. The patient was indeed draped.

Who cares about seeing? At least you could close your eyes.

But the sound of the bone saw? The smell of the Bovie burning your tissues? The feel of that nasal trumpet? And the drapes are practically sitting on his face...a little claustrophobic if you ask me.

I also like how his legs don't seem to be properly draped off for the vein harvest...looks like his feet are hanging out uncovered.:oops:

Nonetheless, very interesting indeed.

If I was going to have surgery in India, I'd insist it would be done by one of those 12 year old kids who's crazy parents are trying to get them into the record books. I mean, go big or go home ... ya know.

But the sound of the bone saw? The smell of the Bovie burning your tissues? The feel of that nasal trumpet? And the drapes are practically sitting on his face...a little claustrophobic if you ask me.
I guess the patient must be heavily sedated so he wouldn't hear/smell these things. :scared: