MD Worried AA female 510 3.8c 3.7s

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Cruisingbyee

2+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey guys I applied kind of late submitted primary Aug 15, and am still working on secondaries most from sept 21-23. I have one II from one of my top choices and I was wondering if I should complete my remaining secondaries, add more programs, or just wait. I don’t have FAP so every secondary I complete is out of pocket. I’m worried that I’m too late in the cycle and my app is probably buried. Any advice is extremely appreciated.

EC
  • State title holder-community service and leadership throughout my state
  • developed my own volunteer STEM Project in Africa
  • On campus black pre-medical student exec board
  • Other on campus leadership/ volunteer
  • Political canvassing
Clinical hours:
  • worked as CNA and scribe about 1000 hours combined
  • PCT program with internship
  • Shadowing through internships and programs about 300 hr
Research
  • thesis through honors college
  • Currently work as research assistant/ CRC
Medical interest: working in underserved communities in primary care (women’s health)

Submitted secondaries
Arizona phx IS
Arizona Tucson IS
Creighton (II)
Morehouse
Howard
Kaiser
Einstein
LSU Shreveport
Dartmouth (ties)

haven’t submitted
USC (finished and can submit today)
Tulane
Boston
George Washington
Tufts
Loyola
Georgetown
Emory
UConn
NYU
NYU Long Island

will prob not submit due to no ties
South Carolina
Loma Linda

Members don't see this ad.

Yes, submit the secondaries to the schools you have not submitted them to, You could omit South Carolina, Loma Linda and UConn (unless you have strong ties to the state).

Reactions: 1 user
Yes, submit the secondaries to the schools you have not submitted them to, You could omit South Carolina, Loma Linda and UConn (unless you have strong ties to the state).
Thank you for your reply. I was wondering if it was too late because I’ve had the secondaries for close to a month now, I made the mistake of not sufficiently pre-writing. I did submit my in state school and top programs within 9 days though and received 1 II

Thank you for your reply. I was wondering if it was too late because I’ve had the secondaries for close to a month now, I made the mistake of not sufficiently pre-writing. I did submit my in state school and top programs within 9 days though and received 1 II
It is not too late for secondaries.

Reactions: 1 user