• Advice You're Thankful for Contest

Now that it's getting close to Thanksgiving, we're running a contest to hear advice you've received that you're most thankful for! This can be any type of advice and the advice with the most reactions will win!

JOIN CONTEST

Worried about admissions

rezzdogg

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Oct 11, 2003
    I am going through the application process right now. I sent in my apps early sep. I am an electrical engineering major and i am kinda concerned about my chances in getting into at least one school. My Dat scores are

Bio 17
    Ochem 19
    gchem 20
    QTR 19
    Reading 15
    PAT 20
    AA 18
    Total 18

My major GPA is 3.3 with an overall of 3.1. I am applying to 20 schools including:

Boston
    Tufts
    Harvard
    USC
    UCLA
    UCSF
    UOP
    U penn
    U Conn
    Iowa
    NYU
    Arizona
    UNLV
    Maryland
    Marquette
    Pittsburgh
    Temple

How do you think my chances look.

About the Ads

Reed1978

Jou Kak is Geboek!
    10+ Year Member
    15+ Year Member
    May 23, 2003
      I would say you have a great shot at Boston University. They tend to take people with shaky grades...just as long as you are willing to fork over the 1/4 million dollars for the education.

rezzdogg

7+ Year Member
      15+ Year Member
      Oct 11, 2003
        True, do you think that it increases my chances a because i am an electrical engineer? Does that work to my advantage or not really? People keep telling me that schools like that but i dont know.

Percocet

7+ Year Member
        15+ Year Member
        Dec 31, 2002
        Seattle
          Rezzdog, the guy that gave me the tour at Case was a former engineer who went to. He wanted a change of career and applied to dental school. He made it sound like they thought of it as a positive.
          Hope this helps.

About the Ads
          This thread is more than 18 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
          2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
          3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
          4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
          5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
          6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
          7. This thread is locked.