Worried about cars for tomorrow

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

taeyeonlover

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
So my precious mcat scores were 29 with 8 and 503 with 122 for verbal section.

For me it seems to be that I have a pretty high accuracy since almost all the time I miss only one question per passage but my timing so atrocious. I run out of time by actually several passages so I end up never scoring 125 or higher. I did notice in my practices that my score improves a bit if I answer more questions. For aamc scored tests I totally bombed cars sections because of this.

Should I just void it tomorrow? Or should I submit for scoring if I end up finishing the section on time? Or do you think that's too risky?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Members don't see this ad.

So my precious mcat scores were 29 with 8 and 503 with 122 for verbal section.

For me it seems to be that I have a pretty high accuracy since almost all the time I miss only one question per passage but my timing so atrocious. I run out of time by actually several passages so I end up never scoring 125 or higher. I did notice in my practices that my score improves a bit if I answer more questions. For aamc scored tests I totally bombed cars sections because of this.

Should I just void it tomorrow? Or should I submit for scoring if I end up finishing the section on time? Or do you think that's too risky?

You're not really giving enough info. What were you scores on the AAMC FLs? Did you prep for CARS for this third retake?

In general it's not great that you're considering voiding the night before the exam. If you're freaking out and dont feel you can be settled to give this your best bet, then you should void.

You're not really giving enough info. What were you scores on the AAMC FLs? Did you prep for CARS for this third retake?

In general it's not great that you're considering voiding the night before the exam. If you're freaking out and dont feel you can be settled to give this your best bet, then you should void.

My science scores are ok and I don't care about them much anymore (127+)
But my timing for cars is so bad. I run out of time by three passages even though I miss like one question per passage so I end up with something like 122.

But my timing for cars is so bad. I run out of time by three passages even though I miss like one question per passage so I end up with something like 122.

If you dont feel you can be confident for tomorrow you should void. It's unfortunate you're trying to make this decision 12 hours before the test though. Good luck with whatever you decide OP.

Members don't see this ad :)

You can't decide this tonight. Take the exam properly, and when you get to the void screen at the end, decide then. Don't forfeit until you've fought.

Only tips I can give you right now is to plan your timing during the cars section.

90min, 9 passages.

Use your scratchpaper and write out 10min checkpoints. That way you can try to keep up with the correct time.

3 min to read the passage. If you spend more than 1min per question, choose your best answer, mark it, move on. If you have spare time, come back to it later using the marking function.

Listen. 95% hit rate doesn't matter if you only answer 75% of the exam. That means you only get 42 out of 59. 80% hit rate on 100% of the exam is better, it's a 47. Your accuracy dropped 15% but you scored 5 more right.

Golden Rule: Wrong is wrong. Period. Least wrong is the correct answer.

Best of luck.

Reactions: 1 user
You can't decide this tonight. Take the exam properly, and when you get to the void screen at the end, decide then. Don't forfeit until you've fought.

Only tips I can give you right now is to plan your timing during the cars section.

90min, 9 passages.

Use your scratchpaper and write out 10min checkpoints. That way you can try to keep up with the correct time.

3 min to read the passage. If you spend more than 1min per question, choose your best answer, mark it, move on. If you have spare time, come back to it later using the marking function.

Listen. 95% hit rate doesn't matter if you only answer 75% of the exam. That means you only get 42 out of 59. 80% hit rate on 100% of the exam is better, it's a 47. Your accuracy dropped 15% but you scored 5 more right.

Golden Rule: Wrong is wrong. Period. Least wrong is the correct answer.

Best of luck.
Thank you. I will try my best and see what happens