Dismiss Notice

Interview Feedback: Visit Interview Feedback to view and submit interview information.

Interviewing Masterclass: Free masterclass on interviewing from SDN and Medical College of Georgia

worried about grades

Discussion in 'Pre-Medical - MD' started by raingirl, Dec 18, 2005.

1. raingirl

raingirl New Member

Pre-Medical
    Hi everyone,
    this is my first post, so I am excited about that. But I am very worried about my grades. I am currently a sophmore in college and last year my GPA was 3.3. and this fall I got a C in cell bio, n ochem and a C+ in physics and my GPA has dropped to a 3.0. My GPA dropped because of some family problems I was having. So I am veryy worried, about getting C's this quarter and I would like to know if this looks bad for med school admissions. And now since my GPA has dropped, I really have to do good from now on. So plez let me know if getting C's looks bad for admissions.
    Thanks a lot!

2. masterMood

masterMood Membership Revoked
    Removed

Post Doc
    perhaps taking cell bio, organic chem, and physics at the same is too much?

3. nicholasblonde

nicholasblonde Senior Member
    5+ Year Member

Without being harsh, yeah...you need to pull it up to the A/B+ range from now until application time...and you need to do well on the MCAT...if you can do well on the MCAT, and pull your grades up, getting As in a few science courses, you should be able to explain your way out of the deficient grades by explaining the family problems...you'll have a chance to write about the family issues on your AMCAS, and interviewers will probably ask you if there were any reasons for the Cs in those pre-med pre-reqs.

If you can get As in some higher-level science courses, you should be OK. If all else fails, I've heard of a DO school in KC who regularaly accepts people with 2.5-3.0 GPAs (only rumor...check to make sure I'm right on that one).

4. jon stewart

jon stewart Senior Member
    10+ Year Member

great...thats what ill be taking next term.... :scared: :scared:

5. DrBowtie

DrBowtie Final Countdown
    Moderator Emeritus 10+ Year Member

Resident [Any Field]
    It sucks. It is a lot of work but can be done. The labs actually take up the most time.