Worried about making it...

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Beagle

Meet BEAGLE
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Kinda worried that I won't make it into dental school. Does anyone know which dental schools are the easiest to get into?"
Where to apply???
BEaGLE

Members don't see this ad.

Good, you should be worried, it keeps you on your toes. ;)
Typically Howard and Meharry are thought to be some of the "easier" schools based on GPA and DAT stats.
Waht are your stats like? That is the only way to give realistic advice on where to apply.

Goat Boy
I thought that those two colleges you mentioned accpeted almost all africanh americans. Is that true???
If so, than I CANT go!!! I have a 2.96 undergrad GPA, Have not taken DATS yet, ....
Gettin my Masters degree right now

Members don't see this ad :)
your GPA is kind of low but u still have a shot provided you do well on the DAT. Aim for in the 20's and you will have a good shot. Apply to Howard and Meharry. Even though they are mostly African Americans they do take a fair percentage of non minority students.
also consider NYU, Columbia if you do well on your DAT and have good research exp. There are a few others in the low 3's but I cant remember which schools right now, maybe someone else may remember and could post them.

My data are a year old, but besides NYU and Columbia, Tufts, Tennessee, UOP, S. Carolina, Temple, Nova, Virginia, Creighton, Southern Illinois, Maryland, Boston had GPAs of about 3.3 or lower. Some of these are state schools though, so they would probably be harder to get into.

GO FOR NYU...THEY ACCEPT ALMOST ANYONE AS LONG AS U R WILLING TO PAY THE INFLATED TUITION. MY FRIEND IN NYU (HIS GPA WAS 2.9 DAT 19) TOLD ME THAT THEY ACCEPTED MORE PEOPLE THIS YEAR THAN USUAL CUZ THEY NEEDED THE CASH FLOW...THIS PUT THEM WITH ~270 STUDENTS. THIS REFLECTS HOW THEY TEND TO PUT MORE EMPHASIS ON MAKING MONEY THAN EDUCATION.

NYU--how expensive is it?
How much a year? I figured that private schools only care about money. I went to UOP for undergrad and it's true!!!
Hey cool deal wtih NYU accepting more students because they need the cash flow!
If I get in....I'm there!!!