Dismiss Notice

Interview Feedback: Visit Interview Feedback to view and submit interview information.

Interviewing Masterclass: Free masterclass on interviewing from SDN and Medical College of Georgia

Dismiss Notice
Hey Texans—join us for a DFW meetup! Click here to learn more.

Worried about making it...

Discussion in 'Pre-Dental' started by Beagle, Sep 6, 2001.

1. Beagle

Beagle Meet BEAGLE
    7+ Year Member

Kinda worried that I won't make it into dental school. Does anyone know which dental schools are the easiest to get into?"
    Where to apply???
    BEaGLE

2. Note: SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. GoatBoy

GoatBoy Manboob Extraordinaire
    10+ Year Member

Good, you should be worried, it keeps you on your toes. ;)
    Typically Howard and Meharry are thought to be some of the "easier" schools based on GPA and DAT stats.
    Waht are your stats like? That is the only way to give realistic advice on where to apply.

4. Beagle

Beagle Meet BEAGLE
    7+ Year Member

Goat Boy
    I thought that those two colleges you mentioned accpeted almost all africanh americans. Is that true???
    If so, than I CANT go!!! I have a 2.96 undergrad GPA, Have not taken DATS yet, ....
    Gettin my Masters degree right now

5. GoatBoy

GoatBoy Manboob Extraordinaire
    10+ Year Member

your GPA is kind of low but u still have a shot provided you do well on the DAT. Aim for in the 20's and you will have a good shot. Apply to Howard and Meharry. Even though they are mostly African Americans they do take a fair percentage of non minority students.
    also consider NYU, Columbia if you do well on your DAT and have good research exp. There are a few others in the low 3's but I cant remember which schools right now, maybe someone else may remember and could post them.

6. chocobo

chocobo Senior Member
    10+ Year Member

My data are a year old, but besides NYU and Columbia, Tufts, Tennessee, UOP, S. Carolina, Temple, Nova, Virginia, Creighton, Southern Illinois, Maryland, Boston had GPAs of about 3.3 or lower. Some of these are state schools though, so they would probably be harder to get into.

7. makebuleev

makebuleev Junior Member
    7+ Year Member

GO FOR NYU...THEY ACCEPT ALMOST ANYONE AS LONG AS U R WILLING TO PAY THE INFLATED TUITION. MY FRIEND IN NYU (HIS GPA WAS 2.9 DAT 19) TOLD ME THAT THEY ACCEPTED MORE PEOPLE THIS YEAR THAN USUAL CUZ THEY NEEDED THE CASH FLOW...THIS PUT THEM WITH ~270 STUDENTS. THIS REFLECTS HOW THEY TEND TO PUT MORE EMPHASIS ON MAKING MONEY THAN EDUCATION.

8. Beagle

Beagle Meet BEAGLE
    7+ Year Member

NYU--how expensive is it?
    How much a year? I figured that private schools only care about money. I went to UOP for undergrad and it's true!!!
    Hey cool deal wtih NYU accepting more students because they need the cash flow!
    If I get in....I'm there!!!