Worried about MCAT Diagnostic

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Globalcitizen88

Membership Revoked
Removed
Reaction score
So I've been doing a lot of content review (since at least last July, although its been on and off cause of difficult classes). I just concluded content review with the examcracker books and khanacademy (maybe half the videos). I just took a TPR diagnostic and received a 494 :( (121 P, 123B, 124 CARS, 126 P/S)

Just how deflated are the TPR Exams. Like is a 494 actually a 504 on the real thing. I'm very worried that after all this content review, I am still scoring very poorly. Is there anything I can do at this point to take my score up 20 points to a 514? I have just about 70 days left until the test. Am I possibly halfway there already with the difficulty of TPR. The Bio and Physical/Chem sections were so hard that I ran out of time and guessed on about 15 questions in each section.

Members don't see this ad.

Don’t put any weight into a third party’s diagnostic. They want you to do terrible that way you freak out and buy a $2000 course they offer. I would study your weaknesses, study the format and layout and practice practice practice cars, then take one of the AAMC exams in a week or two. These exams will be very similar to the real MCAT, so however you do is how you do and you won’t have to worry about what that might be on the real exam. The score you get is what you would get on the real exam if you took it that day. Hope this helps!

Reactions: 3 users
Members don't see this ad :)
So I've been doing a lot of content review (since at least last July, although its been on and off cause of difficult classes). I just concluded content review with the examcracker books and khanacademy (maybe half the videos). I just took a TPR diagnostic and received a 494 :( (121 P, 123B, 124 CARS, 126 P/S)

Just how deflated are the TPR Exams. Like is a 494 actually a 504 on the real thing. I'm very worried that after all this content review, I am still scoring very poorly. Is there anything I can do at this point to take my score up 20 points to a 514? I have just about 70 days left until the test. Am I possibly halfway there already with the difficulty of TPR. The Bio and Physical/Chem sections were so hard that I ran out of time and guessed on about 15 questions in each section.

TPR tests are deflated but a 494 on any test is way too low, suggesting major deficits in content knowledge. You have pinpointed the problems in C/P and B/B so do a lot of practice passages and thoroughly review your answers.

I got a 491 on my tpr diagnostic after a month of studying and I'm doing much better after doing a ton of UWORLD practice so don't worry! Do practice problems and your score will def improve!