worried about my bio2B grade

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

samden

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey everyone!

This is my first time here. I am in a post bach pre-dental program.

I just took my Bio 2B final yesterday and im really worried about getting a C+ for the class. This is the first class i've taken since i graduated with my bachelor's degree. I am wondering if this will jepordize my chance to get into dental school.

Past:
avg gpa for bachelor's 2.95 in Economics.

Thanks for reading my thread =)

Members don't see this ad.

i don't like answering these types of questions cause I'm not an admissions advisor, but since I'm a "non-traditional" applicant myself, here goes....

you are in your post-bac to prove to adcoms that you can pull the grades necessary to succeed in school. personally, I came out of undergrad with a 2.97 GPA, 2.71 Science, and a BS in Genetics. I worked as a Biologist for a number of years on confidental government projects, earned two patents, and then decided to apply. I was told I STILL need to prove my academic worth. SO I quit my job, studied my ass off for the DAT and pulled 23's across the board, took a full load of hard science with a 3.9 GPA, and got BOMB letters of rec. Still, I was accepted to my desired school the SECOND time applying.....

Moral to the story? You have no excuse getting a C in your post-bac. Sorry to be blunt. See it as a VERY CRUCIAL oppourtunity to prove to adcoms you can succeed in academics. Make sure you pull an A in everything else.

Good luck!

i don't like answering these types of questions cause I'm not an admissions advisor, but since I'm a "non-traditional" applicant myself, here goes....

you are in your post-bac to prove to adcoms that you can pull the grades necessary to succeed in school. personally, I came out of undergrad with a 2.97 GPA, 2.71 Science, and a BS in Genetics. I worked as a Biologist for a number of years on confidental government projects, earned two patents, and then decided to apply. I was told I STILL need to prove my academic worth. SO I quit my job, studied my ass off for the DAT and pulled 23's across the board, took a full load of hard science with a 3.9 GPA, and got BOMB letters of rec. Still, I was accepted to my desired school the SECOND time applying.....

Moral to the story? You have no excuse getting a C in your post-bac. Sorry to be blunt. See it as a VERY CRUCIAL oppourtunity to prove to adcoms you can succeed in academics. Make sure you pull an A in everything else.

Good luck!

Gotta admire the honesty:thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:

Thanks doc,

I felt like i failed myself when i took the test. It really made me realize what mess i am doing. Been not focusing on school while trying to get over my exgf. Yes, i need to improve and the only person who can make that change is me. Better get serious. Thanks again! =-)