jv00927

15+ Year Member
Jan 26, 2005
Illinois
Status
Medical Student
I just took my p-chem final today and I am really worried I'm gonna get a C or lower in the class. I got a D and a C- in the two test that we've had (the only two that we had the whole semester). The class average on both tests is a D-. And now my final grade is really worrying me. I know I can't do anything about it now but I just feel like my grade would prevent me from being competitie in applying to top 10 schools. I got a really good GPA now but it's definitely gonna go down if get a C in p-chem. Anyway, is p-chem even helpful in med school and/or MCAT?

Will Ferrell

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Jul 19, 2004
Status
jv00927 said:
I just took my p-chem final today and I am really worried I'm gonna get a C or lower in the class. I got a D and a C- in the two test that we've had (the only two that we had the whole semester). The class average on both tests is a D-. And now my final grade is really worrying me. I know I can't do anything about it now but I just feel like my grade would prevent me from being competitie in applying to top 10 schools. I got a really good GPA now but it's definitely gonna go down if get a C in p-chem. Anyway, is p-chem even helpful in med school and/or MCAT?
You're above average on both tests. You'll easily get at least a C+. P.Chem is a tough class, so I'm sure they'll forgive you if your grades don't take too much of a dive (which one class alone couldn't do).

You need a real qualitative understanding for the MCATs. (Is the enthaply + or -, is the entropy increasing or decreasing, is the reaction spontaneous... Hess' law.... stuff like that)

R

Redneck

Pchem is overkill for the MCATs. You only need the four prereq classes for MCATs. Hope you actually needed the class...

About the Ads

StrssdOut

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Oct 27, 2005
Dacono, CO
Status
Pre-Medical
I did terribly in p chem. 4.5 credits and a C. ( most people did much better) And it's working out for me. And hard classes are easier to explain away than easy ones!!! :thumbup:

Chris127

10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Aug 13, 2005
Status
StrssdOut said:
I did terribly in p chem. 4.5 credits and a C. ( most people did much better) And it's working out for me. And hard classes are easier to explain away than easy ones!!! :thumbup:
P.chem= physical chemistry? Does that come after Orgo I and II?

Doctor Bagel

so cheap and juicy
Moderator Emeritus
15+ Year Member
Sep 26, 2002
from the ministry of information
Status
Attending Physician
my hunch is that they'll be a significant curve in your class, and you're not going to walk out with a C. no, i don't think p-chem is necessary for the mcat or med school. i'd advise only taking it if it's necessary for your major.

About the Ads