Worried about P-chem grade

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

jv00927

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I just took my p-chem final today and I am really worried I'm gonna get a C or lower in the class. I got a D and a C- in the two test that we've had (the only two that we had the whole semester). The class average on both tests is a D-. And now my final grade is really worrying me. I know I can't do anything about it now but I just feel like my grade would prevent me from being competitie in applying to top 10 schools. I got a really good GPA now but it's definitely gonna go down if get a C in p-chem. Anyway, is p-chem even helpful in med school and/or MCAT?

Members don't see this ad.

jv00927 said:
I just took my p-chem final today and I am really worried I'm gonna get a C or lower in the class. I got a D and a C- in the two test that we've had (the only two that we had the whole semester). The class average on both tests is a D-. And now my final grade is really worrying me. I know I can't do anything about it now but I just feel like my grade would prevent me from being competitie in applying to top 10 schools. I got a really good GPA now but it's definitely gonna go down if get a C in p-chem. Anyway, is p-chem even helpful in med school and/or MCAT?

You're above average on both tests. You'll easily get at least a C+. P.Chem is a tough class, so I'm sure they'll forgive you if your grades don't take too much of a dive (which one class alone couldn't do).

You need a real qualitative understanding for the MCATs. (Is the enthaply + or -, is the entropy increasing or decreasing, is the reaction spontaneous... Hess' law.... stuff like that)

Pchem is overkill for the MCATs. You only need the four prereq classes for MCATs. Hope you actually needed the class...

Members don't see this ad :)
I did terribly in p chem. 4.5 credits and a C. ( most people did much better) And it's working out for me. And hard classes are easier to explain away than easy ones!!! :thumbup:

StrssdOut said:
I did terribly in p chem. 4.5 credits and a C. ( most people did much better) And it's working out for me. And hard classes are easier to explain away than easy ones!!! :thumbup:

P.chem= physical chemistry? Does that come after Orgo I and II?

my hunch is that they'll be a significant curve in your class, and you're not going to walk out with a C. no, i don't think p-chem is necessary for the mcat or med school. i'd advise only taking it if it's necessary for your major.

Chris127 said:
P.chem= physical chemistry? Does that come after Orgo I and II?

yes and no, its depends on your major.