Jun 2, 2019
Status
  1. Pre-Dental
I'm currently a sophmore pre-dental student with a 3.20 gpa. I have had significant personal hardships including a close family member being diagnosed with a severe mental illness my freshman year and myself getting diagnosed with ADHD at the beginning of this semester. I am in a wellness club and pre-dental club and I currently don't hold any leadership positions but I plan to next year. My two dream dental schools are University of Illinois at Chicago (I am in-state) and LECOM. Although I think I can make a 3.4-3.5 gpa by the end of senior year but I was wondering what minimum DAT score I should aim for in order to make up for a less than ideal gpa to be a competitive applicant to UIC and LECOM.
Thank you!

Reactions: 1 user

macsak

2+ Year Member
Aug 16, 2018
I'm currently a sophmore pre-dental student with a 3.20 gpa. I have had significant personal hardships including a close family member being diagnosed with a severe mental illness my freshman year and myself getting diagnosed with ADHD at the beginning of this semester. I am in a wellness club and pre-dental club and I currently don't hold any leadership positions but I plan to next year. My two dream dental schools are University of Illinois at Chicago (I am in-state) and LECOM. Although I think I can make a 3.4-3.5 gpa by the end of senior year but I was wondering what minimum DAT score I should aim for in order to make up for a less than ideal gpa to be a competitive applicant to UIC and LECOM.
Thank you!
just do the best you can...

Reactions: 1 users

S_Diamond_DDS

5+ Year Member
Jun 24, 2015
Status
  1. Dental Student
Aim for as high as you can in every class, because naturally you’ll get some hard classes where you won’t get an A. But it’s good you recognize 3.4+ is competitive, so this should be your minimum gpa goal

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
  2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
  5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
  6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  7. This thread is locked.
About the Ads