worried about secondaries, please help!!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

ilubse7en

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
hi, i my stat is gpa 3.2, sgpa 3.1 mcat 33, clinical hours 187, community service, 200+, no shadowing, just started research...

i turned in my primary app on june 27, got verified on july 21.
so far i got sec app from 18 schools, i turned in around 14, and recieved one rejection from UC irvine.

i recieved emails from UCs saying they recieved my app and they are reviewing before sending me sec app.

ok, so here is my question, i applied to 33 schools but recieved only 18 sec app, and only one (UC LA geffen) from CA, what should i do to have all the school i applied to send me sec app?

also, many of the schools that i applied, now seem way out of reach so much that i don't think i should send in sec app, at this point, when i don't have sec app to work on, should i fill them out? they are schools like univ of alabama, univ of colorado, and med college of south carolina,
thank you for reading this long post

Members don't see this ad.

1) You don't do anything. You sit patiently and wait to see if you receive a secondary.

2) If you don't feel confident about your chances at a particular school, don't waste your money.

1) You don't do anything. You sit patiently and wait to see if you receive a secondary.

2) If you don't feel confident about your chances at a particular school, don't waste your money.

thank you!!!

Members don't see this ad :)
Also, check your spam folder. Sometimes the emails about secondaries hide there...

How did you decide to apply to these many schools? Did you use MSAR book to screen OOS acceptance stat?