Worried about sGPA with ochem - What do you think?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

MrBeans

MrBeans
10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the help and encouragement :)

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
I had a C, a D, and retook for a C for Ochem at my school - I was in a similar boat, I did fine in Ochem on the DAT, and I think that goes a long way to show you really understood the stuff. At my interviews I used this to explain when it was asked about once or twice, and it seemed to be received rather well in explanation.

I had a C, a D, and retook for a C for Ochem at my school - I was in a similar boat, I did fine in Ochem on the DAT, and I think that goes a long way to show you really understood the stuff. At my interviews I used this to explain when it was asked about once or twice, and it seemed to be received rather well in explanation.

That's good to know, that makes me feel a little more at ease :)

Members don't see this ad :)

Did you apply late? I checked out your predents and can't figure out what is with all the rejections. I mean your GPA isn't the best but that DAT should have made up for it.

Did you apply late? I checked out your predents and can't figure out what is with all the rejections. I mean your GPA isn't the best but that DAT should have made up for it.

I noticed the same thing too, and I am curious.

Any other thoughts on my situation?

Yeah, I took the DAT on Nov 14th, and I wasn't planning on really even applying that cycle, but I did so well I thought I might as well. It was sad too, because on more than one occasion I had schools telling me that if I applied earlier I would have gotten in. But oh well, que sera, sera.

Any other thoughts?

Bump Bump

Yeah, I took the DAT on Nov 14th, and I wasn't planning on really even applying that cycle, but I did so well I thought I might as well. It was sad too, because on more than one occasion I had schools telling me that if I applied earlier I would have gotten in. But oh well, que sera, sera.

Did UoP have anything to say?