Worried about timing

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

BlueElmo

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
hey guys, I read from SDN that most people seem to finish their PS and BS sections in AAMC with ample time to spare (10-20 minutes?) But I only have about a minute to spare on all my practice tests. Is this normal? I'm hitting about 11's for both BS and PS.
My test is this Saturday and I don't know if I should change anything about the way I do this. Any suggestions?

Members don't see this ad.

I think you're fine. I mean I never had time left on my practice exams...and I didn't have time left on the real exam. But I finished everything. I got 10's in both sections although I was generally scoring 12's on BS practices (10 was standard for me on PS) -- I think that I just freaked out about timing too much on both sections while taking the test. Just do your best and don't obsess about time - if you're taking it Saturday not much will change about your timing in less than a week. My best advice is to train yourself to focus in on the test for the real thing, and not the clock.

As long as you finish the section it doesn't matter. Unfortunately, there are no bonus points for finishing early :(