This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Let me out!

Hiya!
5+ Year Member
Reaction score

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
The main thing you have to worry about is the late submission date... since DAT needs processing and your app needs to be verified. Your GPAs are above most schools' cut-offs so you will not get automatically screened out. You also don't have to worry about RC, 18 is not too low. Apply very broadly and if you don't get in, apply on June 1 next year and you'll get in for sure.

Your ridiculous dat score and upward trend make up for the gpa. You'd get multiple interviews without question as a normal applicant.. Main problem is how late you're gonna be verified (mid September) and then reviewed by schools (maybe mid October) which leaves little time for pre December interviews.

As long as you're cognizant of the added challenge of going for post Dec interviews, then i guess you could always apply now. Otherwise, with a year of updates, you'd be a perfectly decent candidate next cycle.

Members don't see this ad :)
Excellent scores and you have a very unique story. Even with your lower GPA, I think you have a very good shot at receiving many interviews. Do yourself a favor and do not stress about your scores because they're in like the 99% tile. Work on submitting your application as soon as possible to give yourself the best chance! Good luck! :)

I second @Kou_KeiKi - I don't think your GPA will be an issue because of the solid upward trend and great DAT scores. The biggest thing holding you back right now is going to be the late submission date. If you complete your application by first week of September (I assume that means the date you'd submit), your transcript will then have to go through verification which takes even longer. Sending out in September is pretty late into the cycle - doesn't mean you won't get interviews, but I'd expect them to be post-December and that can make chances of admission more difficult.

I don't think retaking because of the RC score is needed at all.