1. Dismiss Notice
  2. Guest, be sure to check out How To Get Into Dental School, our free downloadable PDF with step-by-step details for dental school applicants!
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice

Interview Feedback: Visit Interview Feedback to view and submit interview information.

Interviewing Masterclass: Free masterclass on interviewing from SDN and Medical College of Georgia

Worried...Research into Science GPA

Discussion in 'Pre-Dental' started by ddsLINY, Jun 3, 2008.

1. Hi everyone, I took a class under the name "PSYCH 499: Empirical Research," but the research I did was based on Alzheimer's and the mechanisms of it. The research was essentially neuroscience. and I marked the course as Biology on my application. Will AADSAS switched this to non-science if they see that the class was offered in psych even though the main content was neuroscience? Thanks guys

2. DRHOYA

2+ Year Member

Pre-Dental
    I'm not sure exactly. Since the name of the course is "PYSCH" and not "BIO" or whatever. I would just call AADSAS to ask. But if you don't mind me asking about your research (which sounds really cool btw), did you investigate the formation of the A-beta-40 plaque causing strand??

3. Hysteria24

Hysteria24 1K Member
    10+ Year Member

Resident [Any Field]
    Last year AADSAS stated on their FAQs that if the content of the course was biology, then a course listed in a department outside of biology (ie psych) could count in Science GPA, and even BCP GPA.

I had ~3 psych courses that I listed as BCP and AADSAS had no problem with them.

4. Jaba

Jaba S.mutans
    5+ Year Member

Ya i agree with this... i had a course neuropsychopharm and it was neurosci, but also cross listed as psych... i was told to put it as biol.

5. STACM

7+ Year Member

Would any of these courses count as a BIO in the AADSAS application?

-Intro to Psychology
    -Intro to Geography

6. Hysteria24

Hysteria24 1K Member
    10+ Year Member

Resident [Any Field]
    No.

7. Lopyswine

7+ Year Member

Dental Student
    hahahahaha