Worried...Research into Science GPA

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
D

ddsLINY

Hi everyone, I took a class under the name "PSYCH 499: Empirical Research," but the research I did was based on Alzheimer's and the mechanisms of it. The research was essentially neuroscience. and I marked the course as Biology on my application. Will AADSAS switched this to non-science if they see that the class was offered in psych even though the main content was neuroscience? Thanks guys

Members don't see this ad.

I'm not sure exactly. Since the name of the course is "PYSCH" and not "BIO" or whatever. I would just call AADSAS to ask. But if you don't mind me asking about your research (which sounds really cool btw), did you investigate the formation of the A-beta-40 plaque causing strand??

Last year AADSAS stated on their FAQs that if the content of the course was biology, then a course listed in a department outside of biology (ie psych) could count in Science GPA, and even BCP GPA.

I had ~3 psych courses that I listed as BCP and AADSAS had no problem with them.

Members don't see this ad :)
Last year AADSAS stated on their FAQs that if the content of the course was biology, then a course listed in a department outside of biology (ie psych) could count in Science GPA, and even BCP GPA.

I had ~3 psych courses that I listed as BCP and AADSAS had no problem with them.

Ya i agree with this... i had a course neuropsychopharm and it was neurosci, but also cross listed as psych... i was told to put it as biol.

Would any of these courses count as a BIO in the AADSAS application?

-Intro to Psychology
-Intro to Geography