Worrying Question about AP Credit

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

SoulinNeed

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I have 21 credits from AP exams, but on my college transcript, they are simple listed as transfer credits. There are no letter grades, it just says

Transfer Credits . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . 21

The AP classes are not individually listed, and it doesn't say "AP Exams", it just says transfer credit, with no letter grade. Now, can I still put down my AP classes on my AAMC application? My biggest fear is that these classes will be counted as F's towards my AAMC GPA. BTW, if it means anything, none of these classes are science classes (Biology, Chemistry, etc.). Thanks for any help!

Members don't see this ad.

yawn.

I'd like to prescribe to you some laxatives.

Members don't see this ad :)
You know, I apologize for this thread, because apparently it actually says "Test Credits" on our official transcript, and I was just looking at our unofficial transcript.

Thanks for making me laugh, though, docelh. :)

*Cue Mr. Burns voice*, will this solve my AP credit problem?

Do you think you're the first guy who has applied to medical school with AP credit? Do you think they haven't vetted the AMCAS system bone dry?

You know, I apologize for this thread, because apparently it actually says "Test Credits" on our official transcript, and I was just looking at our unofficial transcript.

Thanks for making me laugh, though, docelh. :)

Just have your pre-med advisor or secretary write a letter to AMCAS with what your AP courses were, score, and what course they replaced at your undergrad. That's what mine does since our official transcript doesn't even list them anywhere, the credits just appear in the total out of no where. List the courses on AMCAS and you'll be fine.

Do you think you're the first guy who has applied to medical school with AP credit? Do you think they haven't vetted the AMCAS system bone dry?
What? What did I say to warrant that response? If I thought I was the only one with AP credit, I wouldn't bother asking people, now would I? I'm simply asking because my experience is more familiar with the ABA (Law school) application, and there, simply stating "transfer credit" might cause those credits to be considered as F's towards your GPA. I just wanted to know how the med school application does it.

AP credits don't have a grade, so they don't impact your GPA at all (unless you're at the unusual school that actually gives grades for AP credits).