Worse dental schools to treat applicants

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

tooth decay

science officer
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
See above

Members don't see this ad.

what are the schools who treat applicants the worst? is that what you're trying to ask?

hmmm... i was treated pretty fairly by all schools. i think temple had the friendliest admissions staff. i usually spoke with terry, and she seemed like a really nice person. upenn was extremely informative.

columbia probably had the least friendly and least helpful, plus you can only get the status of your app by phone if you call on a wednesday.

stony was great to talk to if you can ever get kathleen on the phone. they seem understaffed over there.

NYU seemed kind of unorganized when i called, but they were nice and helpful enough.

BU should accept phone calls... it took me a while before i could even find a phone number on their website and i don't like how you can find out the status of your app aside from AADSAS.

buffalo was pretty standard. barbara is pretty nice.

tufts treated me badly. never sent me an "application complete" e-mail or letter..... took me over 6 months (after many emails and phone messages) to find out that my application was complete, but that they were done extending interview offers :thumbdown:

with $60/application and 4000+ applicants (aka $240000), the least they could do is be professional and timely.

jb!:)

Members don't see this ad :)
Lets see... VCU would be the worst b/c they pick people not b/c they are MOST qualified but b/c they are MOST likely to go to their school....
I call them and they told me .I wasn't given an interview b/c NC residents with above 20 on their DATs are most likely to get into UNC and go there, so they didn't want to give me an interview b/c I was too qualifed and would properly go to UNC... (they are soooooo wrong..but I wish they were right...:laugh: )

Meharry and Howard uses AFFIRM ACTION to the EXTREME so If you are white or asian you properly have a better chance at getting accepted into Harvard then Meharry or Howard...

Lets see... VCU would be the worst b/c they pick people not b/c they are MOST qualified but b/c they are MOST likely to go to their school....
I call them and they told me .I wasn't given an interview b/c NC residents with above 20 on their DATs are most likely to get into UNC and go there, so they didn't want to give me an interview b/c I was too qualifed and would properly go to UNC... (they are soooooo wrong..but I wish they were right...:laugh: )

Meharry and Howard uses AFFIRM ACTION to the EXTREME so If you are white or asian you properly have a better chance at getting accepted into Harvard then Meharry or Howard...

I have to agree but because they were very rude on the phone. They basically told me to not call again, and when I did I was just slowing down the process for everyone. :thumbdown:
This was after the first time I called them too.

HARVARD was absolutely the worst. I got a confirmation letter from them in November saying I'd hear about an interview within 6 weeks. After 8 weeks I called and they said they never received the check. I emailed them a pdf of the endorsed check...and then they denied that they received the pdf. Then they said I'd hear in 6 weeks. It is now almost April, and no word back. No one over there even apologized, and they kept accusing me of not paying them even after I showed them the pdf.

I want my $75 back!:mad::mad:

Oh well...I still got into my top choice school anyway, so it wasn't a huge deal.