worse in aug

Discussion in 'Medical Students - DO' started by realruby2000, Jul 2, 2001.

1. realruby2000

realruby2000 Senior Member

Anyone ever have to retake the mcat and did worse the second time? if so, what were the consequenses while applying and interviewing?

2. Thread continues after this sponsor message. SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. John DO

John DO A.T. Still Endowed Chair

The folks at OSU-COM told me that a low score followed by a decent score was no different than a good score in the first place, but a decent score followed by a worse score means you can pretty much forget ever getting in. That shows you wre lucky the first time around, she said . . .

4. Yosh

Yosh Livin' in the WINDY CITY

Attending Physician
    I did worse the second time...and actually got into a bunch of schools anyway...I think that it all depends on how you present/defend your scores...I went down from an 11 to a 7 in one category....and still was offered a handful of interviews and acceptances....

It is not the end of the world....it is a small piece of a much bigger picture...don't get bogged down by little pieces...

Focus on the entire package.....

5. muonwhiz

muonwhiz Senior Member

I agree. If you want medicine go for it and don't listen to anyone tell you that one factor (good or bad) is they key to acceptance/rejection. You can see the stats for repeat test takers at the AAMC site, it shows what % of people do better and worse upon subsequent tests.

6. Kristina

Kristina Junior Member

I did worse the second time also...dropped 2 points overall. It did not prevent me from getting into medical school. I start this fall. Good Luck