Worst admissions staff in the country.

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.
wow. a thread from 2001? insane. I really wanna know what OP has been up to since, lmfao.

Attending physician. Lol.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 users
Every time this thread resurfaces is a treat. :corny:

Members don't see this ad :)
Haha this thread. Ironically, last cycle I submitted 18 primaries and only 17 secondaries. Ya'll already know which secondary I didn't submit.

Reactions: 3 users
At my most recent interview I was with people that were fortunate enough to get an II from Georgetown and every single one of them hated the school. They also said the students didn't look happy to be there.

Reactions: 1 user
I can't remember where but I emailed in to thank them for their consideration but to cancel an interview at a place (a month in advance). They replied back and told me I was required to cancel it in their proprietary online portal. I replied with a quick apology about how I hadn't figured it out online and that I was notifying them via email. I got another longer email telling me to cancel in the portal and hinting at professional obligations and blah blah blah. My final reply was almost exactly, "I will not be there on (date), you have been notified".

Ugh

Reactions: 9 users
*Adding to VCU's problems:
- sending 3+ emails to applicants stating that they've received a status change on the portal, only to have the applicants log in and see no change in status.
- (this one's my favorite) failing to notify applicants that they've been invited to interview, then withdrawing their applications when they don't schedule said interview within 3 weeks of the offer.

Reactions: 5 users
I can't remember where but I emailed in to thank them for their consideration but to cancel an interview at a place (a month in advance). They replied back and told me I was required to cancel it in their proprietary online portal. I replied with a quick apology about how I hadn't figured it out online and that I was notifying them via email. I got another longer email telling me to cancel in the portal and hinting at professional obligations and blah blah blah. My final reply was almost exactly, "I will not be there on (date), you have been notified".

Ugh

haha, if only they used that time and energy to improve their system.

Ugh
tumblr_lvkcezr1rJ1qzekdco4_250.gif

IRL sb247?

*Adding to VCU's problems:
- sending 3+ emails to applicants stating that they've received a status change on the portal, only to have the applicants log in and see no change in status.
- (this one's my favorite) failing to notify applicants that they've been invited to interview, then withdrawing their applications when they don't schedule said interview within 3 weeks of the offer.

The second one is horrendous! Normally, I would tell people who are checking their portals every 5 minutes to try and calm down a little, but this would make me very paranoid. That's ridiculous.

Members don't see this ad :)
The second one is horrendous! Normally, I would tell people who are checking their portals every 5 minutes to try and calm down a little, but this would make me very paranoid. That's ridiculous.
Right?
So to @Jalby, I say: at least Georgetown notified you of your interview invite.

Reactions: 2 users
Guys this isn't a share your bad experiences with admission staff thread. We are here to malign Georgetown
THANK YOU!!!! This thread was taking a very disturbing path.

Reactions: 8 users
wow. a thread from 2001? insane. I really wanna know what OP has been up to since, lmfao.

Sadly reliving his glory days at 6 AM on a Sunday night. His dog is famous tho.

Lulz I heard that Gtown just got a new admissions committee that rejected all of their SMP and UG grads this year (a big no-no) and are now in a lot of trouble :)

Reactions: 9 users
Georgetown is on my list so uh....hopefully they've changed since 2001? Haha

Lulz I heard that Gtown just got a new admissions committee that rejected all of their SMP and UG grads this year (a big no-no) and are now in a lot of trouble :)
I wonder what's their reasoning behind it.

Damn lol destroying a rep that took years to build

Reactions: 4 users

Is this for real? That would be a devastating blow to the SMP's track record, as their GT Med acceptance rate is really the program's biggest draw.
Sounds like a juicy scandal to me, and I wouldn't be surprised if it's true.

Is this for real? That would be a devastating blow to the SMP's track record, as their GT Med acceptance rate is really the program's biggest draw.
Sounds like a juicy scandal to me, and I wouldn't be surprised if it's true.

Don't they only take like 10-15% of their SMP grads to their school lol......there are far far better linkage rates than that at other SMPs

Guys this isn't a share your bad experiences with admission staff thread. We are here to malign Georgetown

Damn. Kind of nervous now.

Not that I think I'd even get an II.

They saved you some time. The interview day was one of the oddest and most awful experiences I've ever had. They put us in a fish bowl and crank up the heat so we're all sweating, give us a rant on how none of us are unique, and my interviewer spent most of the time checking residency applications to later insult me.

I don't know. I kind of just assumed every administrator at a med school wouldn't really be doing me any favors in terms of personal treatment. That is, they've got people kissing their *** day in and day out, begging for an entrance into this highly exclusive institution. I can understand how egos could become highly inflated.

I wouldn't listen to a bunch of crap from people who've never been to or communicated with the school before, tbh.

Can you expand on your experience?

Last edited by a moderator:
Hah I finished an SMP at a Boston school and they rejected me within about 10 days of submitting my secondary

Don't they only take like 10-15% of their SMP grads to their school lol......there are far far better linkage rates than that at other SMPs

You are correct. It's not a high acceptance rate- 25 out of nearly 200 SMP students are accepted to the SoM each year. It's not a program with true linkage. Despite that statistic, the possibility of attending GUSOM is one of the biggest reasons why people apply to the program. If there are rumors that this is going away, the future of the program becomes a bit more interesting.

Yup, I know ppl who had 3.8s-4.0s in the GT SMP and straight up rejected. Not sure about the success of GEMS grads though. Basically the attitude seemed to be you're good enough to give them tuition $$ so they can give you a "leg up" for your app, but not good enough to actually go there. Eh.

Yup, I know ppl who had 3.8s-4.0s in the GT SMP and straight up rejected. Not sure about the success of GEMS grads though. Basically the attitude seemed to be you're good enough to give them tuition $$ so they can give you a "leg up" for your app, but not good enough to actually go there. Eh.

We are not worthy.

Yes, this exactly. I did decent enough in Georgetown's SMP to be admitted to other schools, but I was not even offered an interview at GT. They build you up and then beat you down pretty significantly. Thankfully, I would've turned down a Georgetown acceptance anyway. One year was more than enough.

I'm really not bitter at all, I just need something negative to say because this is the 'Bash Georgetown' thread :laugh:

We are not worthy.

Yes, this exactly. I did decent enough in Georgetown's SMP to be admitted to other schools, but I was not even offered an interview at GT. They build you up and then beat you down pretty significantly. Thankfully, I would've turned down a Georgetown acceptance anyway. One year was more than enough.

I'm really not bitter at all, I just need something negative to say because this is the 'Bash Georgetown' thread :laugh:

Lolz, after many hours of poring over school stats I did not even bother applying. I reject them before they reject me!! MWAHAHA *cries* :p

Is there any other posts that are older that exists sometimes?

Not with this level of continuity...A couple weeks ago some idiot reopened a thread that hadn't been touched since 1998 though lol

I wonder how many Georgetown apps were never sent thanks to this thread. Its gotta be in the hundreds if not >1000 by now (including mine)

Is there any other posts that are older that exists sometimes?

Has anyone really been far as decided to use even go want to do look more like?

Hey everyone,

Georgetown sucks. Interviewed here and the jerk faculty left a bad taste in my mouth.

Accepted at another school, screw yeah!

That is all - thank you @Jalby for this thread.

Reactions: 7 users
Status
Not open for further replies.