Worst admissions staff in the country.

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.
maybe they'll finally see how their ways can be damaging their school's image, and also change for the better
When I wrote the original post, SDN was so new that only like 20-25 users were applying to Georgetown. Things have changed.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 users
Its amazing to think that the people who posted in the early days of this thread are now doctors and real humans.

I'd like to think I was a real human back then. But those could just be implanted memories.

Reactions: 9 users
which is a more prestigious school? SGU or GT?
I've said this before. Georgetown, the Medical school, is a good school. If you are from the northeast, you should totally apply and consider it. You might love it. I interviewed there for a fellowship and would have loved being there.

Georgetown, how it runs its admissions, is a complete scam. Charge everybody ****tons in secondary fees, interview a ton, reject only a few, and only accept people who write letters. The secondary feees alone bring in millions of $$$$. It's a fraud.

Members don't see this ad :)
This thread really made me look down on people from georgetown because you know what it took them to get there

Reactions: 4 users
This thread really made me look down on people from georgetown because you know what it took them to get there

How do you feel about past and current medical students at GT that didn't get waitlisted?

I think it's fair to say the admissions scheme is off, but to begin judging physicians in the middle of residencies and fellowships because they attended GT seems unfair to me.

I'm sure they are still fine doctors.

I feel I need to be a part of history.

Note to my future self: Procrastinating on the MCAT now. Bet you're glad you're through that.

Reactions: 2 users

Well, every person who got into Georgetown probably got into another school that is just as good. Their method of doing LORs really just allows them to not offer people who wouldn't have gone to GT.

Well, every person who got into Georgetown probably got into another school that is just as good. Their method of doing LORs really just allows them to not offer people who wouldn't have gone to GT.

GT -> the safety net for the Top 20.

GT -> the safety net for the Top 20.
Even though Georgetown is ranked ~ 50th

Everyone, including their own admissions staff, thinks it's such a prestigious school when really it's far from it.

Reactions: 7 users
Even though Georgetown is ranked ~ 50th

Everyone, including their own admissions staff, thinks it's such a prestigious school when really it's far from it.
They're really doing well with the "cocky dude at the bar" attitude

Reactions: 1 user
Start writing your letters of intent. Then once you get your acceptance, drop the schools below. Then once you get into a better school, go there. If Georgetown screws with the system by only accepting people who write letters of intent, the system should also screw with them.

Just finished my first LOI.
Feeling a little icky, haha.

Guinness should have a world record for the longest active thread on the internet. I bet this would be up there.

Members don't see this ad :)
Dear Mrs Sullivan,

I know you might not remember me. I was one of the thousands of people who apply to Georgetown years ago, and you are, after all, "Georgetown." But you guys made an impact in my life in knowing that even though I am just one person, I can make a difference. One of the thousands of people who "Would love to be at Georgetown."

I am writing this letter of recommendation for @wanderingorion. I have known wandering over the past year, and let me tell you, it is rare that I remember a person from post to post, but this guy feels like a good dude. He is one of many people who have commented on my thread, but he is a good person and human being. I think you guys should consider accepting him into your society of "Georgetown." I promise you, if you do he will come back to my thread and tell everybody how great "Georgetown" is once you get through the crappy admissions department.

If you want any further information, you know where to find me. Since I hear that you common talk about what is mentioned on the internet isn't true, even though every day you prove it is.

All the best
Jalby

Reactions: 16 users
I have known wandering over the past year, and let me tell you, it is rare that I remember a person from post to post, but this guy feels like a good dude. He is one of many people who have commented on my thread, but he is a good person and human being.
The nicest thing anyone has ever said. I will have to include a link to this in my next LOI.

By far the most useful pre-med resource I have read is this ebook on Amazon. It is a MUST READ! Medical School: Little Known Secrets to Getting In by Dr. Adrian Aaron. I learned some tactics to getting in to med school that I would have never thought of. It definitely helped me get in!

Attachments

• upload_2017-1-21_18-49-32.png
    upload_2017-1-21_18-49-32.png
    148.7 KB · Views: 232
Dear Mrs Sullivan,

I know you might not remember me. I was one of the thousands of people who apply to Georgetown years ago, and you are, after all, "Georgetown." But you guys made an impact in my life in knowing that even though I am just one person, I can make a difference. One of the thousands of people who "Would love to be at Georgetown."

I am writing this letter of recommendation for @wanderingorion. I have known wandering over the past year, and let me tell you, it is rare that I remember a person from post to post, but this guy feels like a good dude. He is one of many people who have commented on my thread, but he is a good person and human being. I think you guys should consider accepting him into your society of "Georgetown." I promise you, if you do he will come back to my thread and tell everybody how great "Georgetown" is once you get through the crappy admissions department.

If you want any further information, you know where to find me. Since I hear that you common talk about what is mentioned on the internet isn't true, even though every day you prove it is.

All the best
Jalby

Savage. Love it.

This thread needs to be published in a book. This is just the equivalent to the HOUSE OF GOD. A must read!

I was in first grade when this thread was originally created. Let's just take a moment. Amusing nonetheless

Reactions: 3 users
I was in first grade when this thread was originally created. Let's just take a moment. Amusing nonetheless
It's sad that you've only progressed to 6th grade since then.

Keep chugging along homie-- even with the "no child left behind" act in effect you found a way to continually be left. You're the Georgetown of middle schoolers.

..and maybe cus hes in rads

Reactions: 2 users
#Neverforget. I sure won't.
This easily HAS to be the longest running thread on SDN. Always brings a smile to my face when I see it pop up again...and again...and again. :D

What does this even mean???

Its mostly this. I get bored at work at SDN is the 7th website I go to to entertain myself.
yo jalby how much do you make a year
and what did you do your fellowship in

Applied to GT. Completed their secondary. Rejected almost immediately. Confused, cried. Now I feel better. Also, I got my secondary fee waived. It gives me solace to know that not only did they NOT get my money, someone had to take time to read through my application to give me a "no". Also got interviews at T10 schools, sooooooo in your face, GT.

Reactions: 6 users
^ Wait, you have two acceptances? Then what were you soo upset about ( mentioning you didn't get UNC med and that it was making you feel sad/ longing more love from schools)

^ Wait, you have two acceptances? Then what were you soo upset about ( mentioning you didn't get UNC med and that it was making you feel sad/ longing more love from schools)
I wanted more love from UNC because they were my undergrad, and I loved it there and wanted to go back. Its cold in the north :rofl:. Anyway, I'm still very thrilled to be in.

What does this even mean???

Jalby, who became radiologist because he was TOTAL FAILURE at business and golf, is now using his radio skills to push FAKE NEWS. Sad!

Reactions: 3 users
Status
Not open for further replies.