Worst admissions staff in the country.

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I do the same thing for Myspace and Frienster. I was a Hollywood club promoter for a year and now I have a really hot girlfriend. I'm good.

BTW, I am right now getting paid $50 an hour to search for my old glory days. In fact, I made about $2 while typing this post. Winning.

I hoped you used those 2 dollars to buy yourself an ice cream cone!

Members don't see this ad.

Ease up on the insults guys. This applies to everyone. If this thread bugs you, there's no need to open it and read. If certain users bug you, please use the ignore function. So, please keep it civil. Thanks.

Yes lets do this.

I love this thread and would hate for it to be locked!

Holy ****, Jalby! I want to be just like you one day... except without the bitterness, giant ego, and what your gf says is a small tool for the job.
paul411 said:
I can't hear you with your nose in Jalby's ass. Can you speak up, please?

Holy ****, rHinO1! I want to be just like you one day... except without the crankiness, morbid obesity, and what your mom says is a small brain for such a fatty.

Weak? Indeed.

Members don't see this ad :)
Yes lets do this.

I love this thread and would hate for it to be locked!

Ditto. No more trying to validate my own ego by trying to impress Pre-Med college students. And on the way home from moonlighting I got a Boston Cream Donut from Dunkin Donuts. It was $1.50, but the $2 I made was pre-tax, so close enough.

Ditto. No more trying to validate my own ego by trying to impress Pre-Med college students. And on the way home from moonlighting I got a Boston Cream Donut from Dunkin Donuts. It was $1.50, but the $2 I made was pre-tax, so close enough.

**** yeah.

The hilarious part is that you feel the need to try and validate yourself to college students. Why do you need to attempt to get our affirmation?

Oh, right - the huge ass ego and lack of self-esteem. I forgot.

Don't be jealous, Mr. Naylor. Come back to sdn in 10 years to bump your own thread about your reflections on the admissions game and you can achieve the same level of epicness.

Holy ****, rHinO1! I want to be just like you one day... except without the crankiness, morbid obesity, and what your mom says is a small brain for such a fatty.

Weak? Indeed.

Ha! You barely got into med school this year. THAT'S weak. Yee-haw!!!

Ha! You barely got into med school this year. THAT'S weak. Yee-haw!!!

UvsET.gif

He said WEAK.

I don't get the hate. Really, this thread is hysterical, up and down.
I would rate this A on the entertaining scale, which is really all you can hope for from the internet.

I love the fact that a Hoya, out of all the people, loves this thread.

Holy **** there are some uptight dudes posting in this thread. You all realize that life doesn't have to be so damn serious right?

Members don't see this ad :)
Jalby, a question... Did you apply to Georgetown for Radiology by any chance? :D

Nope, I didn't apply for radiology, but I did apply for fellowship. It was actually a sweet fellowship. I might not be able to bump up this thread for a couple of years if I end up there. Well.... maybe....

Not sure what that means...

i was just trying to diffuse the situation between paul and rhino in stupidly playful and mocking way and to get the type of reaction you gave, but from one of them. so i'm glad paul responded with that fantastic gif of the star trek(?) guy flipping out.

This is from Star Trek: TNG, yes? I must know what is going on in this scene. It's imperative to my sanity.

Yes, its from a TNG episode titled "Where Silence Has Lease". An evil alien presence causes the dude in the pic, Ensign Haskell, to seize violently and die. The aliens want to explore the humans' take on death in order to understand their humanity further. Good acting by Ensign Haskell, lol

Only someone from Georgetown could truly understand the culture of apathy and inefficiency that describes administrative offices at Georgetown. It's not just the med school.

I'm a little bit pissed right now. I hate Georgetown. I'm nominating them for the worst admissions committee in the nation.

I got the invite for an interview a month ago and it told me I had to schedual by october 1st and interview by the 28th. We'll I teach a class in California every monday, wednesday and friday and there is no way that I could have flown out to washington DC and back in time to interview and make my class. I called them up Sept 25th and told them this, and I would have to interview in december. They told me I had to write a letter to the dean and explain my problem and he might consider letting me have an extension. I think this is bull****, but I'll do it later in the month.
Today I find out that my friday, oct 28th, class is cancelled. I try calling up Georgetown to see if I can get an interview then. The tell me that since I never wrote a letter to the dean, there is no way they will ever let me interview. I'm thinking this is complete BS. By the time I can finish the letter and the dean reviews it and all the other stuff there is no way I will be able to get a flight to Washington DC. But then they tell me that not only can't I interview in October, but because they didn't recieve the letter by Oct 1st, I was automatically rejected. So now I probably never will be able to interview at Georgetown because of their F***d up admission policies. I'm not normally a vengful person, but if I remember this next June or so I'm going to try and encourage people (at least on the west coast) not even to waste the 150$ to apply to GT.

Thanks for reading my post. I feel a little bit better now.

Don't be a *****, you didn't jump through their hoops so you don't get to go to their school...

Okay as a Hoya I had to chime in. I have to admit after reading this whole thread; I felt I needed to say something. I found this whole thing amusing and for a second I even thought Jalby was trolling. My research side had to dig deeper. This is what I came up with,

In 2001 Jalby applied to Georgetown with hopes of getting in. He was upset that GT wouldn't accommodate his request (In my opinion they should have). He was very upset when rejected; I guess he really wanted to go to Georgetown. Jalby ends up going to USC, (great school by the way, I went to Grad school there).

As a fourth year he writes this in the SDN forum:
2-12-2006 "As a 4th year at USC, I would go with Georgetown unless you really really like Los Angeles. Keck is in the worst part of LA and it takes forever to get to anything decent with the traffic. The weather is really really nice though."
So the bitter Jalby admits he longs for Georgetown. USC lets him down and he does not match in Ortho, has to scramble and gets Radiology. (GT has an amazing match in Ortho and Jalby knows this, sparking his bitterness once again). Unsure of his future Jalby decides to become a Hollywood Club Promoter. Then decides to apply for a fellowship at, yes you guessed it, Georgetown.

So what started off as a thread of hatred for Georgetown ten years ago, was really just a young man's rant of wishing he could have been accepted into Georgetown. Life could have been so different.

Jalby, I hope you do get your fellowship at GT and decide to come here. You will see that besides the bad experience you had so many years ago. This is actually a great school. I hope you can one day make peace with the past and know that things happen for a reason. The mistake of one admissions director is not a reflection of the school or students as a whole. I wish you the best.

Okay as a Hoya I had to chime in. I have to admit after reading this whole thread; I felt I needed to say something. I found this whole thing amusing and for a second I even thought Jalby was trolling. My research side had to dig deeper. This is what I came up with,

In 2001 Jalby applied to Georgetown with hopes of getting in. He was upset that GT wouldn't accommodate his request (In my opinion they should have). He was very upset when rejected; I guess he really wanted to go to Georgetown. Jalby ends up going to USC, (great school by the way, I went to Grad school there).

2-12-2006 “As a 4th year at USC, I would go with Georgetown unless you really really like Los Angeles. Keck is in the worst part of LA and it takes forever to get to anything decent with the traffic. The weather is really really nice though.”
So the bitter Jalby admits he longs for Georgetown. USC lets him down and he does not match in Ortho, has to scramble and gets Radiology. (GT has an amazing match in Ortho and Jalby knows this, sparking his bitterness once again). Unsure of his future Jalby decides to become a Hollywood Club Promoter. Then decides to apply for a fellowship at, yes you guessed it, Georgetown.

So what started off as a thread of hatred for Georgetown ten years ago, was really just a young man’s rant of wishing he could have been accepted into Georgetown. Life could have been so different.

Jalby, I hope you do get your fellowship at GT and decide to come here. You will see that besides the bad experience you had so many years ago. This is actually a great school. I hope you can one day make peace with the past and know that things happen for a reason. The mistake of one admissions director is not a reflection of the school or students as a whole. I wish you the best.

Let me get this straight. Radiology was his backup?

Reactions: 1 user

2-12-2006 “As a 4th year at USC, I would go with Georgetown unless you really really like Los Angeles. Keck is in the worst part of LA and it takes forever to get to anything decent with the traffic. The weather is really really nice though.”

So what started off as a thread of hatred for Georgetown ten years ago, was really just a young man’s rant of wishing he could have been accepted into Georgetown. Life could have been so different.

A sad and touching story - could be a movie you know

Nope, I didn't apply for radiology, but I did apply for fellowship. It was actually a sweet fellowship. I might not be able to bump up this thread for a couple of years if I end up there. Well.... maybe....

Don't worry, I will bump the thread for you if you can't. Will hold the fort while you're gone. :thumbup:

You are the man, Jalby.

Lol... Wow. YOu did a lot of great research. Most of it is spot on. A few additions/corrections, by paragraph.

Graph 1: intro paragraph. nothing to add.

Graph 2: I would have picked USC over GT in a heartbeat.

Graph 3: USC and the administrators there was not the school I was lead to believe for quite some time. They put on a really good face for a while, but the clinical services there really wasn't that good. A lot of the residencies are the 7th to 8th choice for people, and they are all extremely overworked and take it out on med students. I personally was told that I would get into a better Orthopedic program than USC from the PD and I took him at his word.

Graph 4: I wouldn't say I longed for GT, it was more a bitterness towards USC. I didn't even apply to GT Ortho back then. Yes, I did become a club promoter at that time. And no, I didn't apply to GT ortho a second time.

Graph 5: It is more of a hatred towards GT admission department. If I had been accepted, I would have withdrawn when I got into USC, and my life wouldn't be any different. Georgetown as a med school and program have actually improved a lot over the past decade since the school gave up the hospital to a private organization. But honestly, for me, it would be the 18th med school I would go to if I had to choose today.

Graph 6: It's my fourth choice on my rank list and I think it would be great to be there. I actually think the school itself is pretty good, but the way they handle admissions (even today with the $150 app fee and putting everybody who doesn't send number one letters on a wait list) is horrible.

I personally wrote/bumped up this note to be sure that the people who just apply to every single program in a shotgun approach don't include GT. They are not likely to choose GT if they got in and the vast majority of them would just end up donating $$$$ to fund the admissions department. The people who really want to go there would spend the $150, deal with the many hoops, and write a letter to GT about how much they absolutely LOVE the place and would die to be there.

Don't worry, I will bump the thread for you if you can't. Will hold the fort while you're gone. :thumbup:

You are the man, Jalby.

Keep up the good fight.

Okay as a Hoya I had to chime in. I have to admit after reading this whole thread; I felt I needed to say something.

You know what is funny??? I just reread teh whole thread for the first time in a long while a couple of days ago. I probably logged into SDN about once a year or two. Almost every time this was bumped up, I checked SDN like 3-4 days later.

Dammmmm....Jalby. I read the whole thread, bro. You go hard!!! But I am really confused as to what you are, though/ Are you a residnet and what medical school did you end up going to....?

You know what is funny??? I just reread teh whole thread for the first time in a long while a couple of days ago. I probably logged into SDN about once a year or two. Almost every time this was bumped up, I checked SDN like 3-4 days later.

Great story Jalby; next time you are in the DC area or at Georgetown, I would love to buy you a coffee. :thumbup:

Already on it.

2w71oa0.png

lmfao. That is great. How about putting it in September because that is when most people start turning in secondaries???

This thread has magical powers - I keep coming back. Hilarious.

I dont get the hate.. I go out to Dennys every Christmas, play football every Thanksgiving--- We all have traditions!

I feel like I'm a part of something bigger than myself just by posting here.

Status
Not open for further replies.